Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ABOUT TO ORDER MAC HEADERS....?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
beachpony

Default RE: ABOUT TO ORDER MAC HEADERS....?

The drivers side fit was a problem with my installation too. I eventually figured out that the way to go is to just get the two collector nuts on by two threads or so, then slip the header flanges over the studs in the head, install flange nuts and then tighten everything real tight. No leaks after about 3 months use, but if I had to to do over again I would pony up the extra scratch for the JBA units. I've never heard of a fit issue with them.

Rob

ORIGINAL: bscottie

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

i think im still going to be hard headed and go with the mac's just to see for myself.

I've got the MACs, they are bigger and they were a B****H to install, the driverside didnt line up to well, passenger side was no problem, so instead of quickly giving up I fought with them, the muffler shop I eventually went to cut the pipe, turned it a little, the fit is great and no leaking problems, I am happy with them because I wanted them, the sound is great IMO and even with the agrevation I would get them again, only thing is I would probably just have a muf. shop do the install unless you have a lift and a welder to make pipe adjustments if nec.

my $ .02
Old 05-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

How big of a change in sound do the headers make? Is it like oh cool the exhaust sounds a little better now, or is it DAMN that sounds 100x better!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:27 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I believe you'll need to disable the O2 sensors to pass emissions... that can be done with an X-cal.

Is that true? Can I get long tube or short tube headers and still pass emissions? Im gunna ask the guy at my shop next install.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:05 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

with long tube headers you still have to buy cats....i am going to gut out my cats so its like they are still there to the eye but the crap on the inside is gone.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:13 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Furinox

How big of a change in sound do the headers make? Is it like oh cool the exhaust sounds a little better now, or is it DAMN that sounds 100x better!
for me it was... HOT DAMN! I LOVE IT!

I fired 'er up for the first time and it actually surprised me!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:20 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ive yet to hear fitment issues on the jba's either, fit pretty much the same as the stock ones lol. I got my jba's for under 400 including shipping. I dont know where you can get macs for 'half' that.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:31 AM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

gave mine a nice deep throaty sound and really brought out the sound of the gt single, love mine