Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:12 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default Procharger set up

Im thinking of going with the Procharger supercharger. I was thinking about the 7PSI, 3 core intercooler, NGK plugs, and 39lb injectors (I think there 39lb) The first reason I want to go with only 7 PSI is cause it is the least amount of boost/stress on the poor lil engine lol. 2nd of all the 7psi is looking more in my price range after looking into all the installation and dyno time I will haft to pay for in the future. I wish i could go for the turbo but $4600 is just out of my range. Plus im not diggin the tap into the oil pan deal too much.

I just want to know a good gestamite of the numbers I might possible see with this set up. The guy tells me I will get close to 100hp but I know how that deal go's. Im at 213hp & 242tq sae rear wheel NA'd. Do you think I could get too or about too 300hp 320tq at the wheels with the Procharger 7PSI? 290 meybe even 285 will be good enough for me taking into consideration that I will have the stock headers & cats. but I would like 300hp lol just so i can say I have a 300hp v6 lol

I know everyone's gunna give me hell about going with 7PSI and that prochargers don't even reach the maximum PSI untill you need to shift basically oppossed to the turbo & vortech, but i feel its a real good set up for me for the position im in right now. Plus wouldn't it be less stress that way anyway cause I usually shift at 3000 rpm which is when the procharger starts kickin in and building boost. I never go to 5500 unless im racing lol.

Tell me what you all think about it though.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger set up

no hell for only going 7psi, one of the things I believe people are forgetting is that the horsepower gains that we will get from s/cs are not from the point we are with our current mods, the tune and cai gains will not be added to, they will be replaced, the numbers that the s/c makers are printing are on stock cars with no mods typically, the exhaust gives us some but unless you get dynoed before and after, all of your exact numbers may seem off. I did get a dyno with only exhaust, dont have one from bone stock but at least when sc is installed I will know the total diff. I dont think you can go wrong installing any sc to get extra hp, it is going to happen, it all depends on how much money

HP=Money, more gets more and more and more LOL

enjoy the sc and will probably have 300 hp, at the flywheel
Old 05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Thats a good point to look at it from. I never got dyno'd before my mods. I know that I was 202hp at the wheel and 232 tq with the Intake and exhaust before the tune.

HUH may want to consider the 9 or 10 meybe
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

How much money do you have to spend?
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

lol not much man!! Its more like how much does your plastic stretch lol I got a little cash stored but not much,Nah but enough to consider the 9 or 10 PSI. I really want 290 ish at the wheels not the motor.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:02 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

u say it dusnt start building boost untill high rpms.. so would it feel TOTALY stock going round a corner at 15 mph in 2nd??? i HATE the v6 in 2nd at like 1900 rpm, its AGONISINGLY slow, the gt puts ur head back in 2nd at 1700 rpm. so the question is, would a 7psi supoercharger help the horrible low end of 2nd??

Paul
Old 05-12-2006, 10:16 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Im thinking of going with the Procharger supercharger. I was thinking about the 7PSI, 3 core intercooler, NGK plugs, and 39lb injectors (I think there 39lb) The first reason I want to go with only 7 PSI is cause it is the least amount of boost/stress on the poor lil engine lol. 2nd of all the 7psi is looking more in my price range after looking into all the installation and dyno time I will haft to pay for in the future. I wish i could go for the turbo but $4600 is just out of my range. Plus im not diggin the tap into the oil pan deal too much.

I just want to know a good gestamite of the numbers I might possible see with this set up. The guy tells me I will get close to 100hp but I know how that deal go's. Im at 213hp & 242tq sae rear wheel NA'd. Do you think I could get too or about too 300hp 320tq at the wheels with the Procharger 7PSI? 290 meybe even 285 will be good enough for me taking into consideration that I will have the stock headers & cats. but I would like 300hp lol just so i can say I have a 300hp v6 lol

I know everyone's gunna give me hell about going with 7PSI and that prochargers don't even reach the maximum PSI untill you need to shift basically oppossed to the turbo & vortech, but i feel its a real good set up for me for the position im in right now. Plus wouldn't it be less stress that way anyway cause I usually shift at 3000 rpm which is when the procharger starts kickin in and building boost. I never go to 5500 unless im racing lol.

Tell me what you all think about it though.

Rick two guys have hit 300RWHP@ 7psi and about 291Tq the only difference between the 7psi and the way your ordering it (w/3 core intercooler) is the pulley. I think there is nothing wrong with running 7psi and will be safer till things pan out with the 9psi. You will only be losing about 15-20RWHP vs the 9psi. The ProCharger and Votech are both centifugal superchargers and start making boost at about 3500RPM. Yes driving around town under 3000 rpm the engine wouldn't be under high boost which in turn would be like driving around N.A
Old 05-12-2006, 10:50 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

u say it dusnt start building boost untill high rpms.. so would it feel TOTALY stock going round a corner at 15 mph in 2nd??? i HATE the v6 in 2nd at like 1900 rpm, its AGONISINGLY slow, the gt puts ur head back in 2nd at 1700 rpm. so the question is, would a 7psi supoercharger help the horrible low end of 2nd??

Paul
You need to sell your can man! lol No disrespect or anything but you have not said one positive thing about the V6 yet!! Your all over the GT's nutz. Why do you even own a v6 if you don't like them so much? Thats just the impression you give man. Or you could get a turbo that will reach maximum boost by 2900rpm so there for you might get your little "270 at the wheel puts your head back in the seat by 1700rpm" effect! lol Yea a turbo for you it is
Old 05-12-2006, 10:55 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Paul
Well then dont' shift in to second!!! My car doesn't go to 2nd until around 18 miles an hour... Keep the RPMs up....
Old 05-12-2006, 10:56 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Thats my main first concern is the stress on the engine as a daily driver, thats why I wanted to go with 7.Why so little TQ with the 7psi? Thats the only thing I don't like. I don't mind the 20 less hp from the 9psi but losing like 40 50 tq from the 9 psi kinda hurts. Could a good guy who tunes fix it? or meybe some aftermarket header and cats in the long run? lol

Thanks for all the input

Quick Reply: Procharger set up