Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just got quoted for stripes.. help me please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just got quoted for stripes.. help me please!

I kinda like #3
Old 05-18-2006, 07:52 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

@ afixer... its to make sure a percentage agree with me... if say i LOVED #5 (there is no 5 i know) and NO ONE voted for it.. i would prolly not go with that choice. and just to bask in thumbs up and opinions! Oh and by the cars in his workshop he dus a FIRST RATE job, i mean this explorer hes doing a full comercial wrap on is just phenominal... water and waves and surfers its awesome. i trust him completely.... oh and I still <3 you afixer!

@ JimC, i have a guy that dus full vehicle wraps and other signs (he uses an 8 year professional vinyl that hes used on helicopters/trucks and jet ski for many years), hes going to cut the stripe and pin stripe on his vinyl cutting machine, then hes just gonna use a blade to go round the plate recess and other things... he also going to install them for 185 (rockers too), i beleive on Ebay u can buy precut peices for the mustang, with all the correct cut outs for the obstructions. i opted for this guy as he installs as well at a GREAT price! p.s hes in west/central Florida for anyone that needs him to do urs too.

Unfortunatly hes booked up till after mermorial day weekend.. so ill have to wait a lil while.

Paul

P.s Going with number 2 me thinks... might have "stang" or "Badstang" carver into the vinyl in small letters just to add a personal touch
Old 05-19-2006, 07:05 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

#4 with 1/4 inch pin stripes instead of 1 inch.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:34 PM
TempleOfDog

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Thanx i think it will look SiCk too... i LOve #2 aswell more than 1.. kinda diapointed the rest of the voters prefer 1

Paul
I agree with afixer but I think paul had already made up his mind. Just looking for a little positive affirmation.
Also, putting up post like these are good because people put up opions of options you might not have thought of.
I agree on going with the smaller pin stripe.

Also, here's a link for anyone looking to do it themselves. http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/05stanggraph.htm
Old 05-19-2006, 03:18 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

good luck paul im sure you will do the right thing. my post wasent to be mean. it just sometimes you need to just do what you like. thats waht make the cars ours. see ya
Tom
Old 05-19-2006, 06:39 PM
StickDriver
1st Gear Member

I voted for #1 since thats the stripe package in gloss white that I`m installing on my car this Saturday.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

good luck paul im sure you will do the right thing. my post wasent to be mean. it just sometimes you need to just do what you like. thats waht make the cars ours. see ya
Tom
Tom ive given the same advice to other people.. but i reallu wanted some agreements and opinions just to make sure i was doinbg the right thing. Ill post pics as soon as its dun for those of u that want to see the finished product! cant wait.. its gonna turn heads im sure!

Thanx again for ur posts and opinions.. feel free to let this poll close.

Pauly Wauly

Old 05-20-2006, 12:03 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickDriver

I voted for #1 since thats the stripe package in gloss white that I`m installing on my car this Saturday.
Good luck man, i dont have the guts to try to install myself ... please share pics when ur dun, i wish u great luck and hope it turns out great!

Pauly