Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Convince Me

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
delstang05
1st Gear Member

Default Convince Me

Alright guys, I figure I'll have the money saved up for a supercharger or turbo by the end of summer. But, before I drop 4k-5k into my car I want to know how all you boosted guys really feel (scrming, rygenstormlocke, etc...) about you new power. I mean, I want some neck breaking, scare my passengers power? I've read all the posts, seen the videos and realize that's only half the story. I want to know if you guys are satisfied with your boost and if this is a worthwhile investment?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Stangrunner06
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Convince Me

I agree, need to know guys, I look at the blower and I start to drool, the sound of it blows my mind, but the smooth pull of a turbo also got me by the gonads, I want to do one or the other in the future but need more INPUT!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

If money is no object, the Turbo makes the best power. It has a longer/broader power curve than the SC, and it makes more power pound for pound. Dosent use HP to make hp, and is less strain on the motor and makes power at a safer RPM. It also generates more TQ than a SC, on an SC, the TQ is about the same as the HP. But with TC, TQ is significantly more. In fact, I'm running the same TQ on my turbo as I was on my juice.

I debated on responding to this, cause of the famous Turbo vs. SC war will start. But that is my opinion based on my research and experience.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:17 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Old 06-04-2006, 11:14 PM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

I plan on going S/C. I've always been a fan of the S/C, sound and specs.
I think the Turbo's are too rice
Old 06-04-2006, 11:40 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

Hey Afixer! Looking Good!!
The X-Charger is still my plan for the future.
I want something that gives my 4.0 more power (don't need crazy power),very safe and reliable, relatively easy install.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:58 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

OMG! I love the Vortech! It is an absolute blast! I feel like one of those guy in a TV commercial that just want to drive his car all the time! I can't find enough excuses to go out and drive my car! LOL!

Like Rygen, i don't want to start a turbo vs sc war... but if I had the extra money I would have gone turbo... the vortech fit in my budget better... I have no regrets... the vortech works great on my car and will grow as I grow (more boost on the future motor!)

The thing I noticed is even around town at part throttle and only a couple of pounds of boost the car is still friggin quick! I really have to watch my speed! LOL!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:51 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HxCory

Because imports have turbos? Sorry, can't post this comment without backing it up. All the top drag cars are running turbos, and I'm talking domestics. And I was worried about how the turbo would make my exhaust sound, and it sounds pretty good IMO. As for the sound of a SC, I love the sound of a twin screw, but a centri doesent sound any more attractive than a turbo. Actually mine is pretty quiet in real life, you have to listen for it. Its all based on opinion though, just like exhaust. But a rice comment? So my car is rice?

The Xcharger sounds awesome IMO.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:53 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Screw the turbo vs SC debate. They all have their place in our world.

You can't deny the noticeability of a supercharger like the ProCharger or the Vortech. I've had so many compliments, it's not even funny. Not to mention the fact that you can stay out of boost (to conserve gas) pretty easily with the ProCharger or Vortech.

...but the turbo, there is no denying it's in a league of it's own, both price and power-wise. If it's the sound you think is ricey, keep in mind... at least the ProCharger has a surge valve which has a very unique sound. I'm not sure about the Vortech, though....
Old 06-05-2006, 12:59 AM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: HxCory

Because imports have turbos? Sorry, can't post this comment without backing it up. All the top drag cars are running turbos, and I'm talking domestics. And I was worried about how the turbo would make my exhaust sound, and it sounds pretty good IMO. As for the sound of a SC, I love the sound of a twin screw, but a centri doesent sound any more attractive than a turbo. Actually mine is pretty quiet in real life, you have to listen for it. Its all based on opinion though, just like exhaust. But a rice comment? So my car is rice?

The Xcharger sounds awesome IMO.
Meh, personal opinion.
And I never said your car was, I just stated my opinion.
I don't care if you want to flame me

Quick Reply: Convince Me