Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine Clatter?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Tungsten
2nd Gear Member

Default Engine Clatter?!?!

Ok,

I'm a little freaked out about this one. My mustang has only 1,300 miles on it and today I started hearing this strange clatter coming from under the hood when I was driving home from work. It becomes more noticable if you give it some extra gas and try to force some acceleration. Also, the car feels like it's slowed down and feels/sounds rough, wtf!!! . I'm going to take it to the dealership this weekend, but has anybody experienced this problem with their new stangs? This is REALLY frustrating, I've not even had it a full month yet.....ugh.....maybe it's just a lose exhaust manifold or something? :\

help!

Mike
Old 06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Engine Clatter?!?!

Yikes! I'd take it in ASAP, I've never heard of that one, let us know what comes of it. Good luck!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:40 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

sounds like u warped ur gostago slapper in the pistonia cup holder, i would see if ford will replace ur block and also the whole gostago fillerment enhancement intake.

Paul
Old 06-22-2006, 09:53 PM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

^ HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

it happens to me to. don't know what it is but its done it one or two times and Ive had no problems at all. If something is wrong let me know LOL.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Tungsten
2nd Gear Member

Those who own manuals...did you notice the clutch is really loud too? If I try to do any type of slow start or when I'm reversing carefully that thing is not so quiet! Maybe it just seems loud compared to the POS clutch on my old 4 banger...lol

Anyway, I'm gonna take it for a quick drive in a bit here to see if it's still doing it...
Old 06-22-2006, 10:12 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

yah the clutch is a noisy POS i hate it, its the worste mistake they made on the car, the tranny shifts like crap too but hey, its a stang and i wouldnt trade it for anyother basemodel car.

Paul
Old 06-22-2006, 10:14 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Not even a prius?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:19 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

blazen u thru a spanner into the works there... now im gonna be thinking of that damn sexy hybrid all day tommorow, might have to test drive one now. wonder what they will give me on a trade in???

Actualy in seriousness the pontiac GTO IS my dream car, last night was the 4th dream about the damn car (the new one) and i woke up in tears coz it was stolen by a chinese woman.

Paul
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

WOW, you might want to talk to somebody about that. I bet it's Freudian. Did you ever have thoughts about your mother that were ummm not right?
ORIGINAL: paulboy16

blazen u thru a spanner into the works there... now im gonna be thinking of that damn sexy hybrid all day tommorow, might have to test drive one now. wonder what they will give me on a trade in???

Actualy in seriousness the pontiac GTO IS my dream car, last night was the 4th dream about the damn car (the new one) and i woke up in tears coz it was stolen by a chinese woman.

Paul
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

actualy yes i did have thoughts about your mother that werent right !!!

one day i shall own a 6.0 GTO

Paul
ORIGINAL: blazen351

WOW, you might want to talk to somebody about that. I bet it's Freudian. Did you ever have thoughts about your mother that were ummm not right?
ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Paul

Quick Reply: Engine Clatter?!?!