Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Hate

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:10 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

Default V6 Hate

I was just reading a post and someone brought up the hatred for the v6's. I have gone into other forums to see what other people say and do (its fun),lol. There is one common thing though in all forums-V6 MUSTANGS ARE SLOW-. I for one am very tired of this, as i am sure all of you are. Even cars that are slower or on par with us are calling us slow and it makes me sick. There have been very few good comments. I am not going to post any conversations for the fact i wanna keep this civil, but it really gets annoying. I know posting this wont stop the common misconceptions, but i just wanted to put that out there and get some responses. By the way, i like this section better than the standard v6 section. There is more variety in here, and a little more mature. Hope you guys dont mind me chillin in here

p.s. Guess we will have to change other peoples opinions one at a time,lol
Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Hate

ORIGINAL: fallfast90

I was just reading a post and someone brought up the hatred for the v6's. I have gone into other forums to see what other people say and do (its fun),lol. There is one common thing though in all forums-V6 MUSTANGS ARE SLOW-. I for one am very tired of this, as i am sure all of you are. Even cars that are slower or on par with us are calling us slow and it makes me sick. There have been very few good comments. I am not going to post any conversations for the fact i wanna keep this civil, but it really gets annoying. I know posting this wont stop the common misconceptions, but i just wanted to put that out there and get some responses. By the way, i like this section better than the standard v6 section. There is more variety in here, and a little more mature. Hope you guys dont mind me chillin in here

p.s. Guess we will have to change other peoples opinions one at a time,lol
actually that is what I have been attempting to do for over a year now... I usually attend at least one car show a week and talk to lots of folks... and try to educate them...

check my sig and you see "apologist"... lot of people thinks it mean I apologize when in fact it means:

Apologetics is the field of study concerned with the systematic defense of a position. Someone who engages in apologetics is called an apologist or an "apologete". The term comes from the Greek word apologia (ἀπολογία), meaning defense of a position against an attack.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:37 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I remember looking that up when I first started posting here too! LOL I thought it was another word for apologize too. LOL
Old 07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

it bugs me too, how even becxause im a V6, that hondas thinkthey can take me.. unfortunalty 3.8s have a rep for being slow. because not many modified them compared to the 4L population.. but only if we lived in a world where street racing was an everyday thing

or have more tracks in the areas
Old 07-27-2006, 09:03 PM
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

Jealousy and envy are odd things, aren't they. Mustangs are the great American icon. You'd know it was a Mustang no matter what year it was made. You really can't tell a V6 from a V8 unless you know the subtle design cues. And with all of the aftermarket and take-off inventory available - you can place ten Mustangs side by side ..... all would be different from the others, all would be a rolling representation of the owners personality ..... every one as unique as the individual wants it to be. Now, what other car can do all that, still be a V6 and can become as fast as you want it to be?
Old 07-27-2006, 09:33 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

V6 mustangs are slow...

..what? [&:]

It's faster than anything I've ever driven before, but I can't 0-60 in ~6.5 seconds is fast.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

It's prolly my post in the GT wannabe thread the topic starter refers to here, and yeah i check out other forums all the time too, see what they're saying. Scionlife, CobaltSS, ClubRSX, 8thgencivic etc etc...anyway yeah, it pisses me off how every other car group just totally writes off the v6 as being terrible. I think the most ridiculous comment i've read was a base Cobalt saying he smoked an 05 and every comment was along the lines of v6's are slow, suck etc.

Of course, sn95 v6's did suck and were slow...butt the new edges and the s197's get waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much disrespect.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

I know what you mean, probably 75% of v6's are completely stock, or only have a exhaust and intake. Now when people say they beat up on v6 mustangs all the time, most of the time they have never even gone up against a modified one. I would like to see some of those cars go up against a modified v6 and see what they say then. By the way scrming, that was a good write up about your car, kindof hope they would do a follow-up.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 PM
ogmaster

It's something that just happens. What annoys me is people talking crap when they havent had once nice car in their entire life. This is my second sports/performance/fast/whatever car(first was an older Supra) and people that have talked crap to me still drive POS that they're parents gave them. Of course, they try calling me when they need a ride and I just happen to be doing something else.

I still find the blind Mustang hate to be so pathetic. It's like the videogame fanboys. Just a pathetic bunch.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:45 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Whats wierd is you v6'ers with very minor bolt ons can keep up with previous model GT's.. so you guys are by far the fastest stock .. forgive me for saying this, but.. base model... so I dont know why people bash yall so much.

Quick Reply: V6 Hate