Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Hate

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:20 AM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Hate

Yea that ignorance is very annoying, especially when people post a race with a v6 mustang and they dont give any type of description as to what year, any mods, any people in the car, auto/stick. they just put it out there and classify everyone. ohh well. on a side note, i have switched to this forum because the v6 forum has turned into mostly technical forum and has a lot beginners in there. Now i have nothing wrong with beginners, we were all one at one time, but if i have to read another "which is the best CAI?" or "Which exhaust sounds the best?" well i think i am gonna hurl,lol.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Just think of it this way! They are all talking about us, that means one thing: JEALOUS!!! They are so jealous of us that they have to talk about us and put us down. Deep down they all know we would kick there ***! So they try to put us down and make themselves feel good about themselves. Just look at it and laugh! thats what i do!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:32 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

I think the bad wrap that we get has been earned. We all know that our 4.0's are much quicker than the 3.8's, and as quick or quicker than some 5.0's. But for years, everyone has gotten used to the 3.8 slouch. They're not aware that the 4.0 is a quick car, and very respectable with minimal mods. I had a 95 V6 5 speed, and I believe it had like 140 or 150 horsepower... not a very fast car by any means. That's what most people think when the hear V6 Mustang.

Like any car, there are the modded 3.8's that are definitely respectable, but they're rare.
That's the thing, i think we can all agree the sn95 v6's were...well, laccking in the power dept., but ricers lump us all together, it's disappointing how ignorant people choose to be.

The 5-sp new edge v6's aren't that bad, there are many in the low 15's...the auto is pretty horrible though.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

+1 very well said!

ORIGINAL: BlueStang6

Jealousy and envy are odd things, aren't they. Mustangs are the great American icon. You'd know it was a Mustang no matter what year it was made. You really can't tell a V6 from a V8 unless you know the subtle design cues. And with all of the aftermarket and take-off inventory available - you can place ten Mustangs side by side ..... all would be different from the others, all would be a rolling representation of the owners personality ..... every one as unique as the individual wants it to be. Now, what other car can do all that, still be a V6 and can become as fast as you want it to be?
Old 07-28-2006, 03:26 PM
goxley11
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

...the auto is pretty horrible though.
At first I thought you were talking about the S197. I guess "new edge" is the last of the Fox bodies, right?
Old 07-28-2006, 03:31 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goxley11

ORIGINAL: jericho73

...the auto is pretty horrible though.
At first I thought you were talking about the S197. I guess "new edge" is the last of the Fox bodies, right?
Nope, new edge is the last of the SN-95, the 99-04 stangs.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:52 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Like others have mentioned... it's all about education. On the trip down to Mississippi, there was an 06 GT owner who actually went so far as to shake his head as he drove by. I proceeded to spank him repeatedly. He finally just followed me until we got to a gas station. The "what the hell is in that thing?" was well worth the crappy head shake I got initially...
Old 07-28-2006, 05:55 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

i cant wait for that feeling!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 05:57 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flapjack

Like others have mentioned... it's all about education. On the trip down to Mississippi, there was an 06 GT owner who actually went so far as to shake his head as he drove by. I proceeded to spank him repeatedly. He finally just followed me until we got to a gas station. The "what the hell is in that thing?" was well worth the crappy head shake I got initially...

Great story! That's the best kind of kill when you can embarrass someone for their ignorance! haha
Old 07-28-2006, 06:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flapjack

hmmmm... had same thing happen to me on the way back from Norwalk... Kid in an old 5.0 comes flying up behind me... pulls up along side of me and does the shake the head thing (in disgust...) And like you I spanked him a couple of times...(although he NEVER looked over after that! LOL)

Quick Reply: V6 Hate