Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is Pirelli Nero Zero tread directional

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is Pirelli Nero Zero tread directional

For everybody that didn't get LX's original question, many tires are "directional". Meaning that just like you have a left and right shoe, you have a left and right tire. This is very common with performance tires. I was wondering the exact same thing the other day with my nero's. Apparently, as has been stated, even though they are asymetrical, they are not directional.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:12 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Thanks moonstang for the add'l info...
Old 08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: moonstang

For everybody that didn't get LX's original question, many tires are "directional". Meaning that just like you have a left and right shoe, you have a left and right tire. This is very common with performance tires. I was wondering the exact same thing the other day with my nero's. Apparently, as has been stated, even though they are asymetrical, they are not directional.

didn't I say that?
Old 08-29-2006, 05:57 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

MikeHawke Date 8/29/2006 2:26:43 PM

didn't I say that?
Moonstang said it better than you did. He doesn't type with a Canadian accent like you do!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Yes, exactly. Just like how directional shoes always point inward. You dont have one shoe point in and the other point out. As was mentioned earlier it is not a hard question. Obviously they have to be facing OPPOSITE directions to promote balance. Otherwise your car is going to slightly drift in one direction which is bad.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

MikeHawke Date 8/29/2006 2:26:43 PM

didn't I say that?
Moonstang said it better than you did. He doesn't type with a Canadian accent like you do!
what are you talking aboot, eh? [sm=smiley36.gif]