Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone have the street scene wire harness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:01 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone have the street scene wire harness?

Just got it today and the instructions a pretty straight forward. The only thing I am confused about though is the wire connecting to the actual on/off switch.

The instructions read as follows:

"Plug the oem wire harness into head lamp switch. Plug the SS wire harness into the switch. Unwrap the black tape on the wires going to the head lamp switch. Locate the RED wire with white stripe..."

What exactly do I do here? The wire that goes to the SS switch is green. Are they talking about the wires that are ALLREADY inside connected to the headlights? Really confused. Help me out, I am just a simple minded teacher LOL
Old 09-20-2006, 01:07 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have the street scene wire harness?

Funny, I was just looking at my harness set up a few minutes ago. The Red SS wire splices into the red/white wire on the headlight switch. I believe they provide a crimp-connect for this. The other SS wire is black and I believe that is a ground wire. Don't unplug the wire harness as that just makes the headlights turn on. Just make sure the switch is off or you'll be "shocked" at what happens next. Ha, Ha.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:22 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yes it is a ground wire you can test your lights by going to ground. you need to unhook the wire from the switch so you can pass it thru the firewall. you can also unhook the plug for a moment and crimp on the wire to the red white on the switch. i chose to get the gt switch and hooked it up diff so i didnt have to drill my switch. also teach i pmed you on the collective with my phone # you can call me if you want
Old 09-20-2006, 01:37 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Afixer, pmed ya back
Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pat6674u

Funny, I was just looking at my harness set up a few minutes ago. The Red SS wire splices into the red/white wire on the headlight switch. I believe they provide a crimp-connect for this. The other SS wire is black and I believe that is a ground wire. Don't unplug the wire harness as that just makes the headlights turn on. Just make sure the switch is off or you'll be "shocked" at what happens next. Ha, Ha.

you connected the wires with the battery plugged in? >_<
Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

There is no juice in the wires unles switched on.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:21 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Well I found out my problemo....I have NO red power wire, JUST a ground wire. They must have forgot to stick in on the switch LOL...anyone know what kind of wire it is? I can just run to Radio shack and pick it up. Anyone anyone?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:33 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

teach you really need to call me . the switch is just a ground. the harness should have a ground wire that goes to the 2 light plugs and to a screw eye connector that connects to the pass side with the factory grounds, then you have the relay it has the wire that goes to the connectors for the lights then a long wire with loom around it at the end is the switch and a short wire that wire hooks to your light switch behind the dash. then there is a shorter wire with a fuse on it and that one connects to the fuse box in the engine compartment the relay mounts to the front of the fuse bux next to the cpu, remove the 10mm bolt slide it thru the relay and replace. i remember all this because i just installed king tacos kit the other night. if the harness has a prob mike at SS will fix it i am sure . but you can call me it is no prob!

also here is an artical they did on my install of the old kit

http://www.thechromepony.com/Mods1-05.html

Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

I am going to call you when I get home Afixer....should be around 1:30 your time!