Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

procharger...skeptical

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 12:36 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger...skeptical

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: TJ

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: ThePointman

Hmm initial cost I get ... who the hell cares that they got beat by a V6? Like 1,000,000th of the population?, V6 have sold like wildfire cause they are cheap ;-) 1 triillion dolllars err.... wrong movie, but seriously everyone knows that the stock V6 block, pistons etc ... will not take any serious consistent pounding right? You beat on it and it WILL blow up just ask the yellow guy ... Great Car though I LOVE mine.

ummmmm... your wrong... Powerhouse has run all seaon on a stock 4.0L with their turbo and I believe most of the seaon was at like 23 PSI!!! It's all about the tune and what octance you are willing to run! I'm aware of 3 instances where pistons have failed. 2 of them were due so sheer GREED with the Nitrous and the other one was due to what was most likely a poor "canned" supercharger tune. (i highly recommend custom dyno tune if you go F/I). With a good tune and 91+ Octane our 4.0L will safely run 300+RWHP on a supercharger... The turbo guys are making even more HP and at less boost! Another example is the MRT Cherry 6T6... Twin Turbo with 7.5 PSI of boost putting down 350RWHP! Been running that way for over a year... on an all stock 4.0L!!! So dispite what some "article" have claimed the 4.0L is taking boost extremely well! Seem we are adding more boosted 4.0L's to the fold every week!!!

Good points John. On the PH V6 car, keep in mind it is a daily driver, and has now completed two track seasons under its belt with FI. I think the first track season was 12 and 14lbs and the second one they were messing with 23PSI. According to some, that motor should have popped by now. In fact, its daily driven by one of the relatives of a PH staff member to work, and on errands just to prove its reliability as a daily driver.

Hey rygen wow I didn't know this could you tell some things.

How long have they been running 23psi?
How much rwhp & Tq?
What are the ET's?
Damn dude, you have FI radar?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Less than 15 minutes after Scrming posts this, and I follow up...you are on it like white on rice. LOL.

Ok, I don't know the dyno numbers, or the ET's on the 23psi run, I do know this. The car traps at 126MPH!!!!

I have lot of things and questions that are racing through my mind right now maybe you could help me out and fill in some blanks, how long has he been racing the car running 23 psi and or just shop (simulated racing on a dyno ) testing ?

The reason I ask is Pauls high Performance is runnning low around 11'30's and has the fastest shop owned V6 on record you would think Powerhouse running at 23psi would be the fastest at 23 psi???.

I know of course powerhouse was running 11.80's on 12 psi then I heard testing at 14 psi also heard new ET of 11.50's.

If you know he is trapping at 126 mph how come not the ET then?

I mean this is BIG news if he is running it at the track at 23psi on a stock block!

I am not trying to be offensive just serious questions I have esp since I am looking into FI.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:43 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I'm going to be getting F/I eventually, where should I get a custom dyno tune or whatever? Do you receive that from the company of from wherever you get your dyno??
Old 09-30-2006, 12:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I have lot of things and questions that are racing through my mind right now maybe you could help me out and fill in some blanks, has he raced the car running 23 psi or just shop testing on a dyno?

The reason I ask is Pauls high Performance is runnning low around 11'30's and has the fastest shop owned V6 on record you would think Powerhouse running at 23psi would be the fastest at 23 psi???.

I know of course powerhouse was running 11.80's on 12 psi then I heard testing at 14 psi also heard new ET of 11.50's.

I am not trying to be offensive just serious questions I have esp since I am looking into FI.

Ok, a few things to consider. Comparing PHP to the PH car is kinda hard to do because of the following:

PHP

1. Running dual power adders, Boost and Nitrous (Zex)
2. Running slicks
3. AC removed, seats removed, not sure what else, but car is track only

PH

1. Full street trim
2. Single power adder
3. Running DR's

The 126MPH is a track trap speed, now in the back of mind, I cant remember if its 123 or 126, but either way for a 6 that is just plain insane. On the ET, they have to post it, they only told me the MPH. They were having clutch issues with the V6 car, which I think are now resolved. I'll see if I can get you an ET, I also heard of new ET's like you, but would rather see them post it.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:09 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

I have lot of things and questions that are racing through my mind right now maybe you could help me out and fill in some blanks, has he raced the car running 23 psi or just shop testing on a dyno?

Ok, a few things to consider. Comparing PHP to the PH car is kinda hard to do because of the following:

PHP

2. Running slicks

PH

1. Full street trim
2. Single power adder
3. Running DR's

The 126MPH is a track trap speed, now in the back of mind, I cant remember if its 123 or 126, but either way for a 6 that is just plain insane. On the ET, they have to post it, they only told me the MPH. They were having clutch issues with the V6 car, which I think are now resolved. I'll see if I can get you an ET, I also heard of new ET's like you, but would rather see them post it.

Well all I can say is this is BIG news if he is running and racing the car at 23psi on a stock block!!!

I mean BIG esp for members consider on FI right now we need some facts ET's, rwhp & TQ ,is this on a stock block, and how long have they been running and racing it at 23 psi ??We need details as you like to to say.

If you could find out and post back for us this would be GREAT!!!

I mean I wouldn't run 23 psi but this would be very helpful for us deciding on what to run 10.11, 12 psi etc in our own decision.

If he is trapping at 126 mph he should be in the 10's!!!

That would put him as the fastest shop owned V6 out!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 01:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

PHP

2. Running slicks

PH

1. Full street trim
2. Single power adder
3. Running DR's

Well all I can say is this is BIG news if he is running and racing the car at 23psi on a stock block!!!

I mean BIG esp for members consider on FI right now we need some facts ET's, rwhp & TQ ,is this on a stock block, and how long have they been running and racing it at 23 psi ??We need details as you like to to say.

I mean I wouldn't run 23 psi but this would be very helpful for us deciding on what to run 10.11, 12 psi etc in our own decision.

They were running C16 fuel as well.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

PHP

2. Running slicks

PH

1. Full street trim
2. Single power adder
3. Running DR's

They were running C16 fuel as well.
well I gotta say, who the hell makes this turbo that will pull 23psi and the stock block and pistons and everything will be able to handle it?! I think procharger is out of the question as of right now lol. 11.30s...if thats attainable...haha. My car is my daily driver and has about 30,000 miles on it, should be able to get the turbo by next summer sometime but i'm gonna start saving now. About how much is that system then and who makes it?! Also, is there anything that I should get with that, I know you said it is running on a total stock mustang but I'd rather not run any risk of doing any serious damage, considering it is my daily driver.
Thanks for any help,
Mike
p.s.-thanks to everyone who posted all the information, has been a big help.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Here you go, enjoy:

http://www.powerhouse411.com/
Old 10-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Here you go, enjoy:

http://www.powerhouse411.com/
thanks Rygen! I looked on another site...modular fords I think...and someone said that they had called MRT and that they plan on producing the TT kit....[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Doesn't matter anyway, plan on starting to save now hopefully have enough to buy it next summer.
-Mike