Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:38 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default Tracks

Anyone here takes their car to tracks other than 1/4 mile racing like raceway 'road circuits' I guess to call it that????
Old 10-08-2006, 11:54 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Tracks

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

Anyone here takes their car to tracks other than 1/4 mile racing like raceway 'road circuits' I guess to call it that????
Well, i've went to one last week to watch Scott from MRT put their 2005 GT (The Interceptor) through it's paces... they also ran their 2001 Bullitt.... Scott even took me out for a ride along! All I can say is OMG! Both cars are supercharged and Scott is an amazing driver!! (he is licensed by whatever organization cover those types of track).

Here's a pic of the Interceptor:

For more pics check out: http://www.v6john.com/Main/Waterford.../Waterford.htm
Old 10-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

I was planning on going to Arroyo Seca Raceway but found out there is a roll bar requirement for convertibles even in stock classes. I can compete in autocross though but missed the last local season event for this year, so it'll be next spring before I get to make any runs.

@scrming, I was wondering when you'd take the plunge and get a special URL for the Mistress. Well done. [sm=smiley32.gif]

I love pictures of Mustangs at speed. There was a show on Speed TV last night on vintage racing at Laguna Seca with a great dice between a '70 Boss Mustang and a 67 Camaro for first. Needless to say, the Boss won, but by just a hair.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:39 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

I was planning on going to Arroyo Seca Raceway but found out there is a roll bar requirement for convertibles even in stock classes. I can compete in autocross though but missed the last local season event for this year, so it'll be next spring before I get to make any runs.

@scrming, I was wondering when you'd take the plunge and get a special URL for the Mistress. Well done. [sm=smiley32.gif]

I love pictures of Mustangs at speed. There was a show on Speed TV last night on vintage racing at Laguna Seca with a great dice between a '70 Boss Mustang and a 67 Camaro for first. Needless to say, the Boss won, but by just a hair.

Yeah, the wife kicked me off our family one! LOL! I've been busy redesigning and moving content over to the new one... hopefully get most of it moved over in the next couple of days... then I'll change my sig. And of course it should be easy to remember www.v6john.com! LOL!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:58 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

I watched that too. Really cool seeing those vintage trans-am cars being put to good use. I liked the red '69 Boss 302 personally (it came in 3rd).

If you haven't seen it already, the following thread is about making a rollbar for our S197's:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1491706/tm.htm

Bill Jr.
28hopup