Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wtf powerhouse turbo up in price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:27 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: wtf powerhouse turbo up in price?

ORIGINAL: Buckman

yea makes sense in a way, but you have to think about this....it costed 4800...that was the price. now it is 5200 just because....sure material costs may have gone up, but no way in hell it went up enough for them to jack it up 400 bucks! if anything they would make more money by bringing the price down a bit. if the turbo was priced near the x-charger pretty much nobody would be buying blowers anymore. i know it costs more to produce and there was alot of r&d, but 5200 bucks god damn!
PH was warning a month before the new year of the price increase. I know where they get some of the materials they use, and can honestly say that this other company has an excellent reputation for the supplies they use. I am sure PH uses a profit ratio to apply the price increase, and in my opinion for what I got I consider the former price a great value for hp gained. Adding in the custom tune and unlimited customer support made this a no-brainer for me.
If you look at their GT kit for example you will see a price of $6k which is competitive with the top of the line superchargers like Saleen, KB, etc...
People have different needs/likes for what system they choose, and for me I wouldn't hesitate to pay the new price for it.
well i beleive the pricing on the site is for the mail-order kit...so throw in install/dyno tune, you are talking WAY over 6k. it just seems like the price they already had was pretty high. The kit is very high quality and worth alot of money, but i just dont understand how the 400 dollar jump can be justified. im not trying to convince people not to buy it or anything. if i had the money, this is what i would get, i would just like to know why the price went up 400 bucks.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:05 AM
Phoenix

ORIGINAL: sonicblue05

Hmmmm..
i was thinkin thin lizzy "jailbreak" actually lol
hmmmm, your both wrong. I'm thinking...ACDC Back in Black...but hey we could even go with a little "For those about to Rock"

Hmmmm, nothing like a good thread jacking...
Old 01-27-2007, 11:34 AM
SNAFU
Tech Challenged Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Rising from the ashes huh?
ORIGINAL: Phoenix

I think you're right, and I've heard through the grapevine thatsome guy named Blazen ishoping to bethe second

ORIGINAL: Buckman

PH is doing mail order units now? When I was looking into them, it was in-house installation only. That would've been a nice project to have, turbo installation...oh well, I'll "suffer" through the installation of my s/c
Fazm will be the first mail order kit for the 4.0 as far as I am aware.
OMGosh - that Blazen guy is back??? There's little hope for the rest of us!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ill clarify a few things.

one, top fuel cars dont use turbo, because they need that instant power for one, and secondly they already make too much power and have to retard the timing everywhere they go so why use something that makes more power.

and the difference between a twinscrew and a roots blower is a twin screw builds blower pressure in the blower itself while a roots blower uses the lower intake manifold to build the pressure.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:26 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

oh and yes, im going to be the first mail order kit for the turbo, should be arriving in the next couple weeks. the kit is finally ready, i send my payment on monday, so it will ship next week.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:03 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Congrats Fazm!!!! Welcome to the club man!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:56 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

So your saying they don't use turbos because they would make too much power?
ORIGINAL: fazm

ill clarify a few things.

one, top fuel cars dont use turbo, because they need that instant power for one, and secondly they already make too much power and have to retard the timing everywhere they go so why use something that makes more power.

and the difference between a twinscrew and a roots blower is a twin screw builds blower pressure in the blower itself while a roots blower uses the lower intake manifold to build the pressure.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

Congrats Fazm finally!!!

Just like to mention to the other people about 6 months was researching a turbo build upper PH specs and was in turboforum and guys were talking about if you going with a PT61 turbowhich is the one Mike from PHuses better get it now prices are going up, the unit at the time if I remember was like$899.00 or $999.00 and I believe was going up like couple hundred bucks so its no BS the pt61 alone went up.