Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:12 AM
alamo11

Default Exhaust question

hey guys, this is my 1st post to the forum and I am a newbie at this. but I keep reading that the V-6 has dual exhaust, which is fine. I want one too. The thing is I want to keep it looking more or less stock. Can the drivers side muffler be hidden behind the bumper with turn down tips and still work? If so, a friend told me I should ask the muffler guy that I want true duals with a corssover bar and Flowmaster Super 40's. I trust my friend, but, before i mess with my car I just want more people to tell me that its possible and to find out if he actually knows what he is talking about. He is one of those guys that can pretty much make you believe anything!
Is a crossover bar just another name for a Y? an H? or X?
Thanks for any help!
Also I keep seeing that some of the members here have MRT mufflers. I did a google and found the website but I dont get how a muffler can sort of...suck in air? I read the Q&A on the website but it either went over my head or it will hit me when I stop thinking about it.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:34 AM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust question

Yeah a shop can just fabricate what you want. Depending on the sound you want, H for a little deeper sound, and X for louder, but I wouldn't stick with the Y. If you want to stick with the stock look, get GT take-off mufflers, they're cheap, sound decent, is less restrictive than the v6 muffler, and gives you that stock look you want. But the flow 40's wouldn't be a bad idea either, it really just depends on what you want. I heard our 6's do better with crossovers (X or H), and not just straight pipes. Good luck on your decision.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 AM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

I bought the JBA Kit, it is smoking sounds just like a GT, improved milage with the cold air intake as well. http://www.jbaheaders.com/evoldetail...artNum=50-2631 You can look around cost about $475 after shipping. Then all you need to do is get a GT Tear-off bumper $200 http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?...mp;ProdID=8151 These are normally is great shape and have 5-10 miles on them. Or email Email nizar.youssef@diversifiedmktg.com The pic below was taken 4 hours after I started the project, left needed a little love to get it right but looks sweet with 3 in chrome The whole install will cost ya $800 or less and take 2-3 hours Instructions can be found. https://mustangforums.com/m_1121391/tm.htm

Old 03-31-2007, 03:00 AM
alamo11

I know I can get a GT pull off and make it be able to do the duals but, I dont want that look...I prefer the look of the single or better yet have the ones like the saleen and be in the middle! I do like those!
Plus wouldnt u like to have that almost complete sleeper look so if someone comes up behind u revs up to race u blow them away? Yes i know a dual wont do that but better flow helps and in a few years when I install a TT right?
I Noticed no one is mentioning about the MRT...
Old 03-31-2007, 09:29 AM
57Heavy
1st Gear Member

I don't know how much you plan on modifying your 'Stang, but why not just stick with a single axle-back flowmaster? Check out other threads to read the great single versus dual debate. If the stock look is what you want why bother with duals, spend that extra money on other goodies, cai,tune ect. Just my .02
57 Heavy
Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
MonkeyMike07748

On the Gt rear Appearance bumpers do they just cover your over your old bumper and two can you put duel exhaust actually on those or just look??