Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

gears, t-lok, and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:59 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: gears, t-lok, and warranty

No lie.

The shop pricing manuals don't have any entry for replacing the differential / gears.

Completereplacement and something else I can't remember.

Saw the book.

He took the higher number and knocked 2 hours off the estimate.

My dealer did a 100% perfect job.

No noise, no chatter, nothing but SQUEELS of merriment!

SOHC
Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: gears, t-lok, and warranty

ORIGINAL: pperin

Hey SDguy have JBA do it I got mine done there and they did an awesome job. The dealer may not be the best place to have it done since they don't specialize in gears. You really need someone that knows what they are doing with it. Besides I don't think that by having the dealer do it it will not void the warrantee on the rear end or any thing else that may be linked to it. since your modding the car different than Ford built it. I may be wrong. You will love that mod dude!!
non dealer wise, i was looking at JBA and that new place that's been posting here, the harcore mustangs.

but mossy ford actually has a specialty shop and they do a lot of work on cars there. they've told me that the DEALER will warranty the parts they put in if it voids the ford warranty. either way it will void the warranty, but i'll still check around places like JBA, and hardcore mustangs and see what they guarantee.

dwisforme, i'm actually waiting for my CAI and tune from brenspeed, so i should be getting an x cal 2 anyways.

and sohc....that would have been a good addition to the car!!! you don't understand how loud my radiator and fan are when i get back from work hitting the traffic.

and finally, how much should i expect for install?
thanks guys for your help!