Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

S197 V-6 the new "LX"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:35 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: S197 V-6 the new "LX"?

ORIGINAL: droptop6

The only problem with all this is that the government is comming down on these guys to produce 30-35 miles to the gallon. I don't see ford modding up the 6 from the factory. The days of the big HP cars are going away as long as people keep buying those ricers. That was my 2 cents not that it matters.
don't forget, this already happened once in the 80's and we bounced back. Automotive technology is FAAAAR beyond what we are getting from ford, chevy, or even honda and toyota, they are just cheaping us out of everything. Look at the twin-charged volkswagen engine they were gonna put in the rabbit (i dont think it happened, at least not here in the states) it was like 1.4L and made 170hp or some craziness like that. Fast boost building, great gas mileage when cruising...imagine what they could do with just a 2.0l. With the recent bpv technology, you could have a car that makes 90hp in vacuum (which could be anything under 1/2 throttle) and get 30mpg, then when you romp on it, have 250hp (alot less mileage, but how often do people really floor it? twice a day MAX?) The technology is there to do it. The v8 has far outlived itself, but we will still have big power somehow, no matter what happens, i wouldn't worry about that....v8 sound on the other hand.... unfortunately, that may be a thing of the past soon enough.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:05 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: S197 V-6 the new "LX"?

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: droptop6

The only problem with all this is that the government is comming down on these guys to produce 30-35 miles to the gallon. I don't see ford modding up the 6 from the factory. The days of the big HP cars are going away as long as people keep buying those ricers. That was my 2 cents not that it matters.
don't forget, this already happened once in the 80's and we bounced back. Automotive technology is FAAAAR beyond what we are getting from ford, chevy, or even honda and toyota, they are just cheaping us out of everything. Look at the twin-charged volkswagen engine they were gonna put in the rabbit (i dont think it happened, at least not here in the states) it was like 1.4L and made 170hp or some craziness like that. Fast boost building, great gas mileage when cruising...imagine what they could do with just a 2.0l. With the recent bpv technology, you could have a car that makes 90hp in vacuum (which could be anything under 1/2 throttle) and get 30mpg, then when you romp on it, have 250hp (alot less mileage, but how often do people really floor it? twice a day MAX?) The technology is there to do it. The v8 has far outlived itself, but we will still have big power somehow, no matter what happens, i wouldn't worry about that....v8 sound on the other hand.... unfortunately, that may be a thing of the past soon enough.
Good points clay but as far as the V8 there will always be a purpose for it. Look even in Luxury ricers they put V8 in them for the prestige and power, truck will need them too. V8 is a dying motor but not anytime soon.