Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Take off Rocker Problem. Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:06 PM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

Default GT Take off Rocker Problem. Please Help!!

Hey guys. I just received some 2005 screaming yellow GT take off rocker panels (side skirts) from Diversified Marketing today. And let me tell everyone how hard it is to find GT take offs in screaming yellow!! When I first opened up the box and saw them, I was like "oh my god". They were in horrible shape. Look like scratches everywhere, black stuff everywhere, and some broken tabs on the bottom. I took a deep breath and decided to just wipe them off with a towel and warm water. Wow! Everything came off and it looked like new. I was surprised. But I still have the problem with the broken tabs. There is one side skirt with two broken tabs on the bottom. I think luckily enough they are far enough apart and not at the very ends that it wont affect the install and it will hold up. My question is: has anybody ran into this problem and will it be a problem with the installation and it holding up? Please help!!. Im going to install myself with the help of the great writeups in this forum. [align=right] [/align]
Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM
WALLACE
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT Take off Rocker Problem. Please Help!!

i've done this mod, only i took my screaming yellow off the GT and used the v6/GT500 black rockers. this will be an easy exchange, glance over the write-up if needed. but you should be ok, use the tabs from the ones already on your car, by the time you remove them you will have leftovers. oh yea! i only used the white tabs, did'nt use the black push-pins.it's on there pretty snug.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

Hey WALLACE thanks for the quik reply. But im talking about the tabs on the bottom of the actual side skirt. Not any fasteners or anything like that. There are eight rectangular holes on the bottom of the skirt and 2 of them have tabs that are broken.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:58 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

It takes patience to get the rockers off without breaking tabs. When I took the original black ones off my car I broke a couple that have a very thin area on one side. My Yellow rockers also came from diversified and several were broken. I used some two-part plastic epoxy that some those hypodermic looking containers to put them back together.