Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What bolt-on's am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What bolt-on's am I missing?

Yeah, I have to wait for my money to build up since I'm onley 18 and in college.[&o]
Old 10-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

I'm telling you, go with the nitrous, its a 75 shot, and comes with its own CAI, and its about $530

I'd say its well worth it.

either that, or just save the money revert back to stock sell the parts you put on the v6, and buy a 2005/2006/2007 Deluxe GT.

how much did you pay for the v6? and how much left do you have to pay on it? if you take the 3.73's off you can put them on the GT, along with the suspension mods.

you could probably a Deluxe GT for 25k (go manual this time) then any rebates and what not down to 23k then if you trade in the V6 you will most likely get back whats owed on it, since you probably paid alot of it off, you could get a pretty good deal with the GT.

You seem like the type that will always want to keep getting more power, and a louder sound. The V6 will dissapoint you unless you go F/I and that still may not be enough.

before you waste anymore money go toa ford dealership and look around.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Good advice, but I have a few problems. GT insurance for an 18yr old=$3k+ a yr. V6 ispaid off completely so that's not a problem. But with selling some of my mods andmy trade invalue, it will still cost me $8k about to get the GT, which I don't have right now. I won't even have that money saved over the next yr or 2 due to college interfering w/work. Also, I have no credit rating since I am too young still, so financing would be bitch w/interest.But once Iam 1yr out of college and have earned a good amount of money, I will be able to do the GT thing.Nitrous is afew times deal which I willnever really need sinceI don't go to the track. I no, I will never be able to pushbig hp on the 4.0 w/o f/i but that's ok.Right now I'll have somefun with this car, and some fun with my parent's cars(my mom's charger r/t and my dad is getting a challenger, gto, or jeepsrtnext yr).Also, my dad wants to get a project car for next yr soon and when spring starts we will work on it. He's looking into all 86-93/94 5.0's w/a 5 speed. That car with afew mods put in will be plenty fun to drive. Thanx for all the help! I'm ok with this and will be able toown a nice f/igt by the time I'm 24/25. Good Luckon ur projects!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

hmm, tough call bro.

Do you have a job? if so get a credit card with a small spending limit, and buy all your car parts with it (make sure its parts you can pay off) and when that bill comes at the end of the month PAY ALL OF IT OFF. Have your parents co-sign on it, so its easier to finance. Since the 'stang is paid off, you can easily get about 15k for it or so, then another $500 for all your mods and thenthe payments on theGT willbe really low!! so about $300 a month in insurance, plus what $150 a month for the GT thats about $450 for the car altogether. If thatsa bit much for you, make a deal with your parents like if they give you $100 a month for insurance you'll help out with something around the house, or something like that.

You have no idea how happy I am that I'm getting a Shelby GT in a couple months....I'd still be extremely happy if I was just getting a regular GT.

If a new GT is still out of the question go to a ford dealership and get a used GT (Ive seen 05's and some 06's in great condition with under 15k miles going for around 18-19 grand) you may even be able to make an even swap for a used GT..... actually this is the route I'd go if I were you.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

That's an idea, but if I really wanted a fast fast car, I would just sell my 4.0 and buy a 99-04 gt manualw/low miles and then throw a supercharger in that(probably should have done that off the bat but this car was a half gift from my grandparents since they paid for half of it and I paid the other half). I'm keeping this for the next couple of years and build up mycredit rating slowly. This car has sentimentalvalue too,cause both of my grandparents that bought this for me are dead now. I've decided tosave what money I have and add it towards GT mods in the future. I can live with that especially since me and my dad r getting a manual5.0 project car(not sure if we're doing just bolt-ons or heads/cam and stuff) to work on in the springthat I will be able to drive on the weekends andplay with. That 5.0 by the time of the summer should be as fast as my mom's charger r/t and that's plenty for a then 19yr old kid!I'll hold off till a nice 600-700hp DD project when I'm 24/25. Thanx for the help anyway, but with ur ideas, I'll be working all the time or in school all the time. Even though I'll have a 300hp car, I won'tbe able to have a lot of fun w/it and friends. Better to wait and have a 700hp then rush it and have a 300-350hp car. Plus I'll have more than 2yrs of driving and a few yrs of stick experience under my belt than.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

for the sentimental value alone I'd forget about the GT and keep the V6, make it bada$$ for the grandparents.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah, that's why I'm keeping it for a while(also, the 5.0, charger r/t, and probably a drive or 2 of the GTO or challenger r/t or srt will be enough). Bad AssCheck list:
Bad *** Sound: JBA duals w/h-pipe and JBAshorty headers-Check!
BadAss Low-end-4.10's and T-Lok-Check!
BadAssN/APower-Full bolt-ons almost(need the tune, ti intake, and udp's)-almost check...
Will Do! 2/3's done ain't bad so far.Their the reason I have my 4.0. If it wasn't for them, I would have been stuck witha50k mile 3.8 stangw/few bolt-ons. Thank God and Thanku Grandparents! I'llmake it bad *** for u! Thanx forthehelp andsupport guys!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

yeah, although you could have gotten a 94-01 cobra for real cheap.