Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:51 AM
YellowFlame
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Fog Lamps

I probably should have worded my post better.
I wasn't trying toattack, I was urging caution when modifying something as important to safety as headlights.
My concern is scenarios likehitting someone crossing the road because the lights weren't as bright or reaching as far as they shouldbe. This would be abad thing. (I've seen 2 such incidents in my life, neither was pretty) It can ruin your life.
Or, getting in any kind of accident at night and having modified headlights can land you in serious trouble.
Neither is worth it for "looking badazz."
Find a way to look cool while staying legal, and safe.

It's no different than "I took my front brakes offand put drag wheels on the front cuz it looks badazz."

and I agree about people on cell phones or chicks putting on makeup while driving. If Murphy doesn't get you, Darwin will....
Old 11-14-2007, 01:21 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YellowFlame

I probably should have worded my post better.
I wasn't trying toattack, I was urging caution when modifying something as important to safety as headlights.
My concern is scenarios likehitting someone crossing the road because the lights weren't as bright or reaching as far as they shouldbe. This would be abad thing. (I've seen 2 such incidents in my life, neither was pretty) It can ruin your life.
Or, getting in any kind of accident at night and having modified headlights can land you in serious trouble.
Neither is worth it for "looking badazz."
Find a way to look cool while staying legal, and safe.

It's no different than "I took my front brakes offand put drag wheels on the front cuz it looks badazz."

and I agree about people on cell phones or chicks putting on makeup while driving. If Murphy doesn't get you, Darwin will....
i understand, peopel can get frustrated about situations they feel strongly about, and obviously with personal experience you feel quite strongly about such. If i were to put the money into fog lights, i planned on getting a conversion kit i saw which made the fogs as bright as headlights. I also just dnot have they money for covers, im in college and quite poor lol. thanks for your input
Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

In an area that has some lighting via street lights.. just fogs are fine. On the highway.. depends on where you are... on contry roads... absolutely not. I drive on all three and can tell you that in the city.. the fogs are fine...especially if you have good bulbs. I have driven on the highway at night..and my fogs are as bright as the headlights on my old car.. a Mazda 6.. but I would still like more light when driving.
Going on a country road is just asking for trouble.. unless you go 30mph... which isn't what people like to do on country roads .

Mine are pretty bright...

ORIGINAL: YellowFlame

You guys DO know that fog lights are NOT headlights?
You do know what you're all talking about is illegal? Tinting your headlights so they're dim, running with fogs only at night - are not just illegal but unsafe?
Best use headlight covers so you pop them off when the cop won't let you drive it until you make your lights work properly.
Fogs or driving lights need to be on a switch so they can be turned off when they need to be.

But most of all, screwing with the headlights is risky business - the life you risk may not be your own.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
YellowFlame
2nd Gear Member

but then you can have too much light....

[IMG]local://upfiles/83014/261CAFED097F4D7891A7C613314A54C8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Sandman, what do you do when your goin down a country road then... snap the covers off?

and about those covers, is there a way to take off the white lettering?