Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why is it that.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 03:21 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default Why is it that.....

In general the 4.0 V6 crowd around here is pretty tight and sticks together. We have a common bond as mustang owners and a slight underdog mantality being V6 owners. As A197 owners we own a great car, that handles well, responds to mods awesome and is plenty powerful enough. This car won't set the track on fire but really gets you were you wanna go in style and will get in and out of traffic easy.

Why is it that we come in to this side of the forum and ask for "permission" to buy another car or get rid of the Mustang for something "better" or more "power"?
I've seen a few thread recently asking if its ok to get another car or "should I switch to something else".

I guess my point of this thread is just to say hey guys, enjoy the car you have, come here to learn some great info and have fun chatting poeple up. This bond we have created is cool but no one owes anyone else anything around here. So I guess this is an apoligy for any wrong words I may have used and harsh comments I've made.
Enjoy the car hobby!
Old 12-15-2007, 04:24 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why is it that.....

Well I don't care if someone decides to get rid of there mustang. But I think it's inapropriate to post about what to get insteadon a mustang tech forum. It obiviously gonna turn into a flame war.Goto the OT or another forum and post. Read some reviews from a respected auto journal (edmunds) and decide for yourself. Imao
Old 12-15-2007, 04:27 PM
caffeine7

buy and drive whatever you like, the only approval anyone should need is the bank unless youre rolling in $$
Old 12-15-2007, 04:33 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

The BOND/brotherhood is definitely there...

One thing about our cars is not just a car.... we have something that is part of the American culture. I also own jeep wranglers and I feel like I belong to some kind of "subculture" everytime I wheel with friends and strangers.

[/align] [/align]
Old 12-15-2007, 04:44 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Great post OIIIO, yes there is a bond.

Don't get me wrong here guys, tdaddy's post makes sense, read a lil and do some research about it. It seems if people need others to grant them allowance to buy or drive another car.
It is soley your decision and I really don't care.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Old 12-16-2007, 05:38 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Or in mine, sorry that YOU think this was reference to you. You've made it clear what a contributer to this forum you are and how smart you are....
You are not the only one who's done this and I will unlike other let a thread run its course. ITs slightly less than grown up to start something and shut it down because you don't like the "direction it should have went"

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

im sure this is at least somewhat referring to my post. MY reasons at least (can't speak for anyone else) is because some people here have had alot of experience with all sorts of different cars, and have developed opinions and knowledge due to personal experience. I trust alot of these people's opinions and think their input is helpful, while if you post something like that in OT you get redass, gstam, svtbill, etc. Who will end up just telling you to get a tonka truck or something stupid. If you don't care what someone buys, or don't care to give them opinions or ideas, i personally don't see what reason you have to post in the thread. my .02.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:19 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Old 12-16-2007, 10:39 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

alright ron, i tried to explain in a nice, calm way why i had the thread locked and why i got upset, but you want to turn it into another pissing contest. Don't pm me anymore, i don't want to deal with it if you have to act like this.
Once again feel free not to post in here, this is not aimed at you yet you intend to make it that way. I was a general thread about the 4.0 community cohesion but also look inward (at us) for premission to do anything and you seem to wanna make it about you.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I thought we were all tight

I don't really see that much issue with it. I think its more FYI threads instead of "should I get a faster car" and people want to hear opinions on any decision they make now. It either confirms or stops them from making decisions.

That is if I'm reading this right

Quick Reply: Why is it that.....