Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Compliment from a GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:30 PM
apbt426
1st Gear Member

Default Compliment from a GT

Not all GT owners dislike us V6'ers.... i was stopped at a red light today and saw a Tungsten GT a few cars back in the other lane, i take off on green and at the next light theGT pulls up next to me and driver says "Hey man your exhaust sounds great and car looks awesome"! we small talked a bit and told him how i had a FRPP muffler, etc. and he agian said good choice sounds great"blah blah blah"

Than on green we went our seperate ways.... No we did not race, lots of cops on this road....... anyhow .. thought it was cool to meet another cool person in a Mustang (especially a GT) giving a compliment to a V6. I think the whole thing about being biased toward one another is retarded anyhow.. a mustang is a mustang , drive which ever, mod However. just enjoy our mustangs. V6 haters shall soon be no more.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:51 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Compliment from a GT

ORIGINAL: apbt426

Not all GT owners dislike us V6'ers.... i was stopped at a red light today and saw a Tungsten GT a few cars back in the other lane, i take off on green and at the next light theGT pulls up next to me and driver says "Hey man your exhaust sounds great and car looks awesome"! we small talked a bit and told him how i had a FRPP muffler, etc. and he agian said good choice sounds great"blah blah blah"

Than on green we went our seperate ways.... No we did not race, lots of cops on this road....... anyhow .. thought it was cool to meet another cool person in a Mustang (especially a GT) giving a compliment to a V6. I think the whole thing about being biased toward one another is retarded anyhow.. a mustang is a mustang , drive which ever, mod However. just enjoy our mustangs. V6 haters shall soon be no more.
The separation will always be there, but I am glad to know that there are some decent GT owners. Most people here are fine examples of such, it just sucks we never see them on the road.

I will ALWAYS give my compliments to another GT owner. At cruises, I won't feel at all disassociated with between GT owners and V6ers. I believe a Mustang is a Mustang, and that's the way a lot of older members here feel. The only GT owners you'll see on this site are new comers that don't have the same appreciation you and I do about cars. They're car fans, not car enthusiasts.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:57 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: noober

ORIGINAL: apbt426

The separation will always be there, but I am glad to know that there are some decent GT owners. Most people here are fine examples of such, it just sucks we never see them on the road.

I will ALWAYS give my compliments to another GT owner. At cruises, I won't feel at all disassociated with between GT owners and V6ers. I believe a Mustang is a Mustang, and that's the way a lot of older members here feel. The only GT owners you'll see on this site are new comers that don't have the same appreciation you and I do about cars. They're car fans, not car enthusiasts.
That is exactly what I was going to type lol
Old 01-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

not all GT owners are asses, its just the ones that are make them all look bad. there is a few people on these forums who fill that "GT elitest" group, but for the most part the majority of people are cool.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:34 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Honestly, your average person can't tell the difference if you at least have dual mufflers.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

Honestly, your average person can't tell the difference if you at least have dual mufflers.
LMFAO! Don't get me started.

I was driving on the freeway home today RIGHT after reading this post and was thinking that same thing. I drove around and saw this Mustang and I was like "Cool." So I snagged up next to him on his rear driver's side blindspot and looked at his tail pipes to check if he was a V6er like myself or a GT. I noticed he had dual exhaust so I was like, "Cool a GT" then I looked closer and saw the V6 bumper with a cutout slot. Kind of laughed to myself (because I was no more than 2 days away from doing the EXACT same thing) and got up to his window. Yelled across "Nice V6!" and he looked at me in amazement. He responded "How did you know?" and I told him about his bumper (and I also wanted to tell him about the tribar pony he got from the Pony Package but I figured best not to rub it in .) He laughed and drove on his way.

I've gotten tons of compliments from other mustangs and other car owners, and have never been degraded because I'm missing 12 extra valves or 2 pistons.

Our cars are classics, and we're bringing full light in the fact that a Mustang IS A Mustang, and we will never forget them.

Also, I loved the way his GT takeoffs sounded, even though they WERE a little light on the volume. I wanted something slightly louder, but I then realized that it was all circumstantial. All the clips I hear are EXTRA loud, they have the camera RIGHT BEHIND the mufflers, and there's NEVER an ambient sound. Here I was NEXT to him, in 65MPH traffic with about 100 cars within half a mile either way and I still hear him reasonably loud and clear. I'm gonna LOVE my GT takeoffs now. ^_^
Old 01-16-2008, 10:29 PM
07Thorobrd
1st Gear Member

i think that a mustang is a mustang and we should all enjoy them together, it will be more fun that way. as far as the fact that most people cant tell a V6 and a GT apart is funny bc my aunt has a 2007 Gt and i have a 2007 V6, and they are both black. one day she was over my house and she parked behind my stang and when she went to leave she started to get into my V6, i started dying laughing and then she was like i couldnt even tell the diff. it was hillarious

[/align]
Old 01-17-2008, 04:04 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am a GT owner and love the 6'ers.....nothing wrong with that and I was just admiring one the other day with that hot chick in the drivers seat (I think it was a mustang) -J/K but both the car and the woman were HOTT!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

I think it is awesome when someone asks me what kind of car that I even have!!!! I also think it is funny when everyone asks if it is a Shelby. I just like to know that people don't know what kind of car I have cause then I know it is different from everyone elses and thats what I was trying to do from the start!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:23 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

The proof of people not knowing the difference is how many times have you been asked if it's a GT? I personally have lost count!

Quick Reply: Compliment from a GT