Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Not OEM???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Default Not OEM???

We ran over to Costco for gas and pizza on Sunday and there was a Ford/Mercury car show in the parking lot. Since it was just me and the boy...I figured we would have a look around.

So, while searching for a parking spot (you know, the kind on the end) one of the old timers in lawn chairs guarding the show entrance waived me in and told me to park over by the other Mustangs...I told him "We are just here to look." "No matter" he said. So we get primo parking.

Spent about an hour looking at all the classics (I have a soft spot for T-birds and Cougars). When I returned, several folks were looking at my stock sixer lol! I was like, ummm, that really isnt part of the show...then one of the Mustang guys asked me where I got the side stripes done as they looked great. I was puzzeled as I thought they were OEM. He told me they did not come in tan.

No in hindsite...I have never seen another Mustang with tan sidestripes.

Is he right...or is it just very uncommon?

Come to think of it..I dont see many with tan leather either...and to be honest, it is why I bought this car. I had a 66 Fastback. Signal Flare Red with beige Pony. This is a correction for my mistake many years ago.

I looked at my window sticker and the stipes are listed...but it doesnt say anything about color. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Not OEM???-lights2-023.jpg  
Old 08-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

The geezer was wrong, they are OEM.
Not the most popular color combo, which is why they are seen less frequently.
Nonetheless, they are just as factory as any white or black (or pink) stripes.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Fred is right. And you need to post pics of the show or it didn't happen! [haha]
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys. I assumed the guy was wrong (this guy was not an 'ole timer BTW). But after looking at hundreds of Stangs now...I realize I have never seen the tan stripes myself.

Anyway...it is one of my fav parts about the car. The red and tan look just spectacular together (IMO of course).

Finding folks looking at my stock daily driver gave me a chuckle though. Not many cars can pull that off!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I have a windveil blue with tan interior and it came with tan stripes also. They are rare to find but they do come factory. But most people probably do the same thing I did, and remove them as soon as they get home
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I have a windveil blue with tan interior and it came with tan stripes also. They are rare to find but they do come factory. But most people probably do the same thing I did, and remove them as soon as they get home

That would of looked awful! Sometimes I wonder about making those decisions at Ford and how much they are getting paid. Actually it's prolly a computer making the decision...

My Girlfriend wants to trade in her 07 Mazda 3 for a new Mustang. She wants black leather interior but they are so hard to find down here in NC. All the ones at the dealers have tan cloth or leather which I cant stand and remind me of my moms gold Taurus with tan interior...
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95cobby
That would of looked awful! Sometimes I wonder about making those decisions at Ford and how much they are getting paid. Actually it's prolly a computer making the decision...

My Girlfriend wants to trade in her 07 Mazda 3 for a new Mustang. She wants black leather interior but they are so hard to find down here in NC. All the ones at the dealers have tan cloth or leather which I cant stand and remind me of my moms gold Taurus with tan interior...
It seems like all I can find here in Minnesota is Black...
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Tan interior looks good if you have the right color outside. You just need to add some black accents to the seats and it will look good. Remember alot of Ferrari's have tan interior

Here is what my car looked like the day I brought it home from getting the windows tinted.
Attached Thumbnails Not OEM???-img_3209.jpg  
Old 08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

we have a couple of them on the dealer lot here in Houston with tan side stripes....
Old 08-18-2008, 01:24 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by A_Drunken_Llama
we have a couple of them on the dealer lot here in Houston with tan side stripes....
Which dealership?