Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Which should I get?
New Driveshaft
70.00%
Center Dash Gauges
30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

What should I get next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:57 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by 07redMustang
Tire pressure would make sense because I just put on my gt take off rims. I have yet to check the pressure on them.
Did you transfer the TPMS sensors out of the OEM rims to the new
GT take-offs or did the take-offs have the sensors already installed?
If so, they need to be trained to the SJB to operate properly.
Or you will continue to get the (!) regardless of the tires air pressures.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:33 PM
07redMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by themac5150
Did you transfer your TPMS sensors to the new wheels? If you didn't, checking the pressure won't do a thing. It's letting you know there is a problem, the problem is it's not reading your sensors. I have take-off bullitts on my car, no I didn't swap the sensors. It does the same thing. Just flashes for a minute or so, every so often, then goes out. If you had an actual low pressure tire or tires AND you had sensors, the warning light will remain lit until you add air in the low tire or tires. If you had new sensors installed, you have to take the car to the dealer or wheel and tire store that has the special TPMS "learning" tool and they "teach" your car to recognize them. Not worth the extra money to me really, when a $2 tire pressure gauge is all you need. If you do want to transfer your sensors, you'll need to buy new bands and possibly carriers I don't think they are reusable. Then you'll have haul BOTH sets of tires to a tire shop or dealer to make the swap.... What a hassle.
To be honest I didn't even know there were sensors on the rims. I will have to take a look at that. I've never had a car that alerted me that the tire pressure was low so it's all new to me.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:41 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

umm honestly i would go with the driveshaft.. gauges are cool but i think they are pointless unless they have an ACTUAL application i.e. forced induction. so if ur boosted then gauge it up. if not then i vote no.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:49 PM
lurkmoar
1st Gear Member

I would get a driveshaft. Its a decent bolt-on IMO.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Driveshaft

-little bit increase in mpg (20lbs+(I think) less rotational mass)
-less noise and vibrations from car
-supposedly a .2 gain in acceleration in the 1/4 mile from tests

Gauges are just for show on n/a stock internals(heads/cam/etc) cars unless you get LT headers which I think need a tune.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:16 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07redMustang
To be honest I didn't even know there were sensors on the rims. I will have to take a look at that. I've never had a car that alerted me that the tire pressure was low so it's all new to me.
You're not going to see them. The TPMS sensors are on bands (think giant hose clamps) located on the INSIDE of the tire around the center of the rim.

Now back to the topic... I don't know about either of those. To me, gauges that aren't required are kind of ricey unless you are working toward a goal that requires them. If you had an 05 with the weak pressed in bearing cups, instead of the clipped in, sure the drive shaft is a go, but Ford corrected it, so I'm not buying into it. People have them and like'em, say they're smooth, save weight. I don't need it. Do you have a sways? It helps with the handling. Heck, it's your car, get what you want!

Last edited by themac5150; 10-25-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:13 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

the driveshaft