Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone used this dual conversion kit before?

Old 10-29-2009, 09:56 PM
dkillgore
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone used this dual conversion kit before?

I am not very knowledgeable about modding cars. I recently decided I wanted to save up some cash and make some changes to my 2007 v6. Right now it is bone stock.

I know that I want to get a dual exhaust system for my car as well as a cold air intake with a tune. I am just starting the research phase and have will probably not buy anything for atleast a month or so. I have to make sure I can afford it.

Anyways, I figured I'd get the exhaust first. After looking on American Muscle and seeing most of the sets for $600+, I managed to stumble across this: http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_V6...2005-2009.aspx

I am very pleased with that price. So I am wondering if any of you experts here have used this kit before, and how your experience was with it.

A few questions I have are:

-How much will it cost to have this installed? I don't want the "check with your local mechanic" answer. Just a ball park estimate would be nice.

-Is there anything else I need to buy before I can have this kit installed on my car?

If/when I think of more questions I'll be sure to ask.

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 PM
dkillgore
1st Gear Member

Anyone?

I will be installing this, if I get it, with a friend who is a pro at this stuff. Will this void my warranty if I don't have a ford dealer take care of it?
Old 10-31-2009, 03:16 AM
hardcore302
2nd Gear Member

thats a nice system. it will make your car sound decent without making your car sound like a honda with a coffee can muffler. the price is right too. dont know about the install.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:47 PM
dkillgore
1st Gear Member

Yeah, well I'm just going for a little more of a deep rumble sound than what I have now with the stock single exhaust. I don't want anything that is going to be too loud, and these GT mufflers seem to fit with what I want. I watched a video on their site where they compared it to the stock, and it sounded great.

I'm just curious about my warranty though. Where did all of you guys have your exhaust installed? I'm sure some of you did it your self. Anyone have any problems with the warranty because of this?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:49 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

I had a great experience with NTO myself when I bought front and rear sways from them. I bought both GT mufflers through ebay and just installed one. The single added a nice low rumble, bumped up the performance, but doesn't drone. There's no performance gain in adding the second muffler--that's purely for tone and looks. I've heard the GT duals on the V6 and it is a little fuller than the single sound. I'll probably do it myself since I have the 2nd one just sitting around in the garage anyway. Someplace like Midas would do the install for you, I'm sure. However, they'll want you to cut the hole in your bumper yourself. A lot of shops just don't want the liability of cutting bumpers. As for the warranty, it's really only a question of a warranty on the muffler and pipes alone. It won't change the warranty on anything else in the car. I'd say go for it. NTO is a good outfit and this is a good price. If you read all the threads about the GT take-offs, no one has anything but good to say about them.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:56 PM
dkillgore
1st Gear Member

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks Atldave.

I believe this set comes with a template for cutting the bumper. I'm not too worried about that. I just wanted to make sure that converting to dual exhaust wasn't going to cause any problems with Ford.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I would save up a little more and go with the FRPP system.