Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:03 PM
samshuty

Default Couple questions

Hey all, I've got two questions:
My first question is that my front drivers side tire makes a funny noise whenever I turn. During every revolution of the tire it makes a noise that to me sounds like the tire is sticky (like gum stuck to it) at one spot whenever I turn left or right. Everytime a certain part of the tire goes around it sounds like something sticky is on the tire at just the one spot. I inspected the tire and found nothing wrong with it, I couldn't feel any flat spots or anything, no rocks or gum, tire appears to be fine. Anyone know what this could be?

Then question 2 is; My drivers side mirror rattles really bad anytime I hit the slightest bump, or have music at any volume other than "quite" (lol). Is there anyway to pull out the mirror and see what is causing this? I read americanmuscle.com's agent 47 mirror installation instructions and in that I see how to take the mirror off but the best advice I gathered from there was just yank on it - I dont want to break anything and I'll be putting the mirror right back on, so how do you properly remove/reinstall it? The rattle annoys the heck outta me - sounds like a blown speaker with the windows closed.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 PM
samshuty

PS this is for a 2007 V6 NOT an 02!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

dude i have literally the exact same problem with my driver side mirror!!! although i think now it might actually be my speaker bc i can hear it going 80 on the freeway so i doubt its the mirror

but yea no answers but would love to hear some lol
Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I also have the mirror problem.
It just came up at 30K miles.
I was looking for the procedure for removing
the mirror glass from the mirror and it dawned
on me that one of the clips holding the glass
to the adjustment mechanisim could be loose
as to remove the glass, you put the mirror in
some all one way adjustment and grab the glass
and pull...

Any relation to MaxShuty?
Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

More often than not, rattling in the mirrors is due to the screws holding the motor assemblies loosening up. remove the glass and you can tighted them up. Adding a dab of silicone under the heads will help prevent them from vibrating loose again. (I don't recommend loctite for this, as it plays hell with threads in plastic)
Old 07-04-2010, 11:32 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
I also have the mirror problem.
It just came up at 30K miles.
I was looking for the procedure for removing
the mirror glass from the mirror and it dawned
on me that one of the clips holding the glass
to the adjustment mechanisim could be loose
as to remove the glass, you put the mirror in
some all one way adjustment and grab the glass
and pull...

Any relation to MaxShuty?
Any relation to MaxShuty - yes. My little brother, except he has an 02. I'm home visiting the family and went on my moms computer and didn't realize I wasn't logged in and he was and then I posted this on his account without knowing it, lol.

I'll try tightening up those screws tomorrow and taking the mirror apart. Man I hate when my car makes any rattle noises. I've had several and they make me go nuts. This new one just came about two months ago but for the first month of it doing that I thought it was something inside the door or a blown speaker until I realized it's the mirror, and it's getting worse every day. Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow and I can get this issue solved.

Anyone have any ideas on the tire issue? Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the tire itself, could it be a tie rod or something in there?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:10 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxshuty
Any relation to MaxShuty - yes. My little brother, except he has an 02. I'm home visiting the family and went on my moms computer and didn't realize I wasn't logged in and he was and then I posted this on his account without knowing it, lol.

I'll try tightening up those screws tomorrow and taking the mirror apart. Man I hate when my car makes any rattle noises. I've had several and they make me go nuts. This new one just came about two months ago but for the first month of it doing that I thought it was something inside the door or a blown speaker until I realized it's the mirror, and it's getting worse every day. Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow and I can get this issue solved.

Anyone have any ideas on the tire issue? Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the tire itself, could it be a tie rod or something in there?
Mine do the same exact thing but I have new tires, Sumitomos.