Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is this a good place to start?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

rear axle
http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_88...ustang_v6.aspx

manual transmission
http://www.lkqonline.com/custom/prod..._TRA&year=2005

sometimes LKQ has a gt500 6 speed manual transmission, but those fly off the shelves fast. alot of people want them. again, i dont think its neccessary to use a donor. for the ECU you can sometimes find the gt500 ECU on lkqas well. but again, those go pretty quick. if you are 100% commited then i would check LKQ daily. for the GT500 ECU and the GT500 tranny.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

http://www.lkqonline.com/custom/prod...e/590_EBX.aspx

if you click this link, and scroll to the bottom this has the exact ECU you would need. its for a gt500 5.4 DOHC Manual Transmission. if you got one from a navi it would most likley be an automatic transmission, i forgot to check exactly when i posted the first link.

once again, these go quick, so check often.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:23 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RugbyPlayer
do i need the transmission of the navigator or do i want the GT one? also im assuming i want the rear end and off the GT? ECU out of the lincoln?
You're gonna want the TR6060 out of the GT500 if you have any plans to boost the engine.

This rear end.
http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt...on_flange.aspx
Old 07-30-2010, 01:27 PM
RugbyPlayer

yeah the cost with a 5.4l swap is starting to scare me, engine 2k tranny 2k ecu...etc etc...
im thinking itd be alot cheaper to just get a totaled gt
Old 07-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

yeah the cost with a 5.4l swap is starting to scare me, engine 2k tranny 2k ecu...etc etc...
im thinking itd be alot cheaper to just get a totaled gt
do what you wish, im not here to force you into anything, or push opinions on you, just trying to help you and point in in the most benefitial direction.

i think the only difference is the 5.4 motor is an extra couple hundred. if you wanted to you could use a GT transmission on the 5.4, as long as you dont really exceed 450hp you should pretty much be fine. so in reality the swap cost between the 5.4 and the 4.6 is nothing more then a few hundred dollars for an extra 100 hp. suspesion from the 4.6 can be used with the 5.4. the rear axle could be used for either. brake kits used for either. pretty much everything can be used for the either so only diff in cost is the couple hundred for the motor.

again, im not trying to force you into something you dont want to do. im not here to tell you what to do or command you. im just trying to look out for your best interest, and personally, i think you would be MUCH happier and satisfied with that rumbling beneath your feet. cause its very likley you could get a 4.6, supercharge it, put down 420 hp. then want more and end up doing the 5.4 anyways. so if you want to do a 4.6, go for it, youl be happy with whatever choice you chose. again, just her to help.

whichever you follow through with we will be here to help ya.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:50 PM
RugbyPlayer

indeed and thanks a bunch for the advice already. Im gonna keep my eye on the junkyards and compare prices for everything i need for a 4.6 and a 5.4 swap. Me being as inexperianced as i am figured getting a totalled gt would probly be the simplist way to go. I may still consider getting a totaled gt and taking what i need from it and flipping the engine to buy the 5.4 if that would be at all feasible (not sure it will i dunno how the market is for that type of thing here)

One other question. if i buy a Borla exhaust for my 6er, will it be able to fit the v8's exhaust system if i do either swap? i would assume so.

Also i know when i hear other exhausts system when they let off the gas it kinda crackles...i hate the way it sounds what causes it and is there a way to avoid that?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
RugbyPlayer

indeed and thanks a bunch for the advice already. Im gonna keep my eye on the junkyards and compare prices for everything i need for a 4.6 and a 5.4 swap. Me being as inexperianced as i am figured getting a totalled gt would probly be the simplist way to go. I may still consider getting a totaled gt and taking what i need from it and flipping the engine to buy the 5.4 if that would be at all feasible (not sure it will i dunno how the market is for that type of thing here)

One other question. if i buy a Borla exhaust for my 6er, will it be able to fit the v8's exhaust system if i do either swap? i would assume so.

Also i know when i hear other exhausts system when they let off the gas it kinda crackles...i hate the way it sounds what causes it and is there a way to avoid that?
i found the answer to the crackeling question in that is has something to do with back pressure meaning there probly isnt a way to prevent that...oh well its not a big deal.

I still havent found if theres a way i could get an X-pipe and the flowmaster a/t mufflers and have it fit either the 4.6 or the 5.4l v8?