Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Christmas Break Project...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Christmas Break Project...

After sitting in my garage for nearly 2+ years I've finally gathered the testicular fortitude to install my ProCharger Kit. So far I've done brakes, audio equipment installations and switched out my entire exhaust system, but installing F/I will be my biggest project to date. I've already taken off two weeks from work for my holiday vacation and I figured that would allot me plenty of time to get this done during the night while the wife and kiddies are asleep. I know it won't take two weeks, but I'm going to go slow and make sure I have everything covered and can spend some time during that two weeks breaking it in!!

My main reason for writing this post is to get any last minute tips and tricks from the gurus here. I want to make sure I have all the tools and various nick knacks so no surprises creep up during my install. I purchased the all inclusive kit that included the air cooler and tuner. I already had an SCT tuner so I will be taking my car back to stock very shortly. After I get this done and my 'mod *****' grow I'm thinking I'll tackle getting my 8.8" rear on an installing some gauges. Is a Diablo MAFia a recommended purchase prior to installing this kit, or is it something I can just add in later when I do my gauges? I was planning on getting two of the Terminator/Aeroforce Scan Gauges so I didn't think the MAFia was needed. Everything I need to at least have my kit installed and running properly should be in this kit. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Well I have never installed a FI system but good luck! The best thing I can say it to take lots and lots of pictures of the uninstall so when you have to put stuff back together you have a reference. As for the 8.8 uninstall and install is relativly easy. I swapped out my 7.5 with little to no problem. Just jack up the car, take off the shocks, brake calipers, upper/lower control arms, put a jack under the rear diff, and role it out (I left the DS attached and swapped it out after). Just make sure to have something under the transmission as some fluid will come out when you pull the DS out.

Matthew