Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

POS Eclipse Owners

Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Default POS Eclipse Owners

I helped my sister join a eclipse forum since she just got an 03 GTS and those idiots are there think they are all that. I posted in response to someone that said they beat an 05 mustang with their 03 eclipse GT, I was like yea right, I raced my sisters 05 GTS which is even faster than the GT and destroyed her. Had her by like 4 car lengths from a 40 mph roll, and by like 3 or so from a stop. There is no way any eclipse pre 06 without a turbo or something would beat a 05 V6. Even with the best driver, the mustang is too much for it. Then they start making jokes about my sister and mom, im like wtf, they just have nothing better to do than brag about their 4 cyl with intake and fart cans. POS
Old 11-14-2005, 02:37 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: POS Eclipse Owners

So (I'm trying to understand this all), you went to a forum for a differnt type of car (Eclipse).
You then tried to insult their cars, and now you're upset because they didn't agree with you?

If someone with an Eclipse (or whatever) hopped on our forum and started badmouthing the Mustang (for whatever reason, whether they were right or wrong), do you think everyone would just agree with them?

I highly doubt it. We'd insult their sisters/mothers too.

No, I don't like the Eclipse, and in no way am I trying to argue in favor of it.
I'm just saying I don't need to go around to every forum that has slower cars than me, and argue with them to convince them my car is faster.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:02 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

I didnt insult their cars, just was telling them the truth. Im not upset, just in awe that they think they can beat a V6. Not saying they should agree with me.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:20 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I've found this board to be quite mature... not much bashing of other people's loved ones, even if they have wildly differing opinions. I think most here would reply with numbers and facts to such silly accusations. Many of the import boards may have a mostly younger audience.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:24 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

btw... I saw a new eclipse gt the other day, riding right next to a previous generation (um... maybe 2 generations back) eclipse. I far preferred the older body style. I gotta say... the new eclipse has a rear end like my 4th grade teacher... nothin' ya wanna follow.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 PM
BlackRaptor
1st Gear Member

Being a past owner of an Eclipse i will agree there forums are filled with people who are very imature.

The younger crowd that owns rice are almost always more talk then speed.

You can't win with those guys. I will agree the V6 mustang will eat the Eclpise up unless your talking the 06 which is really quick.

I say drive what you like and don't knock anyone elses ride.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:32 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well you could really go and rub it in and say that a 98 auto V6 beat a, I think it was 98-05 Eclipse, and that's way back when my car was stock, man that car and mine was really really slow. See, I'm still slow, damn gears[:@], but I'm a hell of a lot faster than I used to be. Oh buy the way there was also a 97 stock V6 involed in our little race, I think his was a manual, and we both overtook that Eclispe as we surpased 100mph, don't worry, it was 11:00 at night, on I-10 heading out on New Orleans, so there was nobody else on the road. Go and tell them that, I'm sure they'll love to hear it, especially if you tell them that our cars only have 150 hp, and about 130 rwhp stock.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:47 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

All is true, they cant back it up and come back with jokes about my sister and my mom. They think they own the road with their little 4 and 6 cyl. They know the truth and just deny it. Immature little punks.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:30 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

A third gen eclipse with a good driver could beat or tie a v6 mustang without a problem... My second choice when I bought my car was a third gen eclipse, and I was very active on there board. Every forum has their idiots. I found most of their forum full of helpfull and mature people. For the record people who insult whole makes and models of cars, who usually know nothing about them, are a waste of life and ruin forms.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:26 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'm not suprised, the three mustang boards I am a member of are a more mature, and technical based bunch. Unfortunately with asian imports, a lot of the owners are young...then combine that with the influence of fast and furious movies. After that movie came out, every idiot with a body kit, CAI and fart can thought he/she had a fast car. However, I do respect import perofrmance cars. The new eclipse is impressive, and something to watch out for. But I do have to say the name calling here is pretty minimal. I have been on some boards where the vulgar and thrasing is just out of control.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: POS Eclipse Owners