Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

calling all sct owners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:06 AM
maagster
1st Gear Member

Default calling all sct owners...

ok guys... i need your HELP!!!! i just receive my sct tuner from mustangtuning and it came with a custom tune. now what??? lol kinda funny how i just buy this $400 equipement and i don't even know what to do next. That's why i'm here hoping to get some really good advice on what i should do next... do i need to hook up the usb connector to my pc and download something before hooking it up to my stang.. or what?? and when i do install the tuner to the vehicle.. what step do i need to do?!?!? i need some help badly guys!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:19 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: calling all sct owners...

just go plug it in:

the xcal2 will turn on and you will be at the main menu

press down and it will read custom tune

enter the custom tune and select which tune you would like

when you select the tune it will ask you to turn the car on( dont start the car just turn it on)

then you can adjust what you want on the tune

after your done adjusting, press cancel

it will ask you if you want to save and hit yes

then it will ask you if you are complete

and then you load it when it ask if you are ready to load

the xcal2 will copy the stock tune and save it and then load the new one

then it says complete and ask you to turn the car off

Sorry if i missed acouple of things but thats pretty straight forward, its really not as hard as it seems though
Old 01-31-2006, 12:27 AM
tomahawk

ORIGINAL: maagster

ok guys... i need your HELP!!!! i just receive my sct tuner from mustangtuning and it came with a custom tune. now what??? lol kinda funny how i just buy this $400 equipement and i don't even know what to do next. That's why i'm here hoping to get some really good advice on what i should do next... do i need to hook up the usb connector to my pc and download something before hooking it up to my stang.. or what?? and when i do install the tuner to the vehicle.. what step do i need to do?!?!? i need some help badly guys!!!
No. you do not have to plug it into computer. You just need to flash your car's computer. It plugs into the port on left side underneath the steering wheel (down low). Do not make any adjustments to the tune. Just follow the instructions for reflashing. They should have provided some instructions on this. Good luck and enjoy the tune.
tommy
Old 01-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

It's also a good idea to pull the relays for the fuel pump and cooling fan out temporarily before you flash the computer. This prevents them kicking on and causing a current drop that could interfere with the programming.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:40 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

So with these tuners, what exactly do you guys change?

will
Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 AM
maagster
1st Gear Member

hey guys!! thank you very much for the quick response... i really appreaciate everyone's response on this forums... one more question..... when i was talking to the peeps that were modifying my tuner..i told them that i have a CAI .. the truth is.. i don't have it quite yet... not for another week. what do i do.. should i go ahead and plug in the tuner or just wait? thanks again guys