West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

B&M | Hurst hosting American Muscle Car Challenge, Auto Club Speedway 05/17/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

Whats the cost on this? I've been told that you have to pay to register, pay for a helmet, and pay to get the car inspected before it goes on the track. I'd also assume that the tires would be gone after a long day at the track.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:26 AM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

Just pay for registration, if u dont have a helmet u can rent for a small fee i think. Car inspection is usually somewhat lenient, as long as there isnt something obviously wrong with the car. and i doubt u have to pay. usually theres a checklist you mark off
Old 04-04-2010, 01:27 AM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

Dan, will we have transponders for the event?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Dan@BMRacing

Originally Posted by Fresh_GT
Whats the cost on this? I've been told that you have to pay to register, pay for a helmet, and pay to get the car inspected before it goes on the track. I'd also assume that the tires would be gone after a long day at the track.
$165 for registration. We will attempt to have some helmets available on-site, however that number will be limited. It is recommended that you have your vehicle inspected prior to the event, however we will open up B&M/Hurst on one of these up-coming weekends to do tech-inspection FOR FREE. All that information will be posted to registered attendees in the near future.

Originally Posted by foolio2k4
Dan, will we have transponders for the event?
For insurance purposes we will not allow live timing, so no transponders for the event. If you want, I'd recommend attaching a small video camera inside the car for timing purposes, this way you can also review your laps and session afterwards for mistakes that you or the in-car instructor may not have caught.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Dan@BMRacing

Default LAST CALL

Folks, we have 18 spots left open for Mustang enthusiasts. Registration closes next Friday on April 30th, and for administration reasons no exceptions will be made.

So if you're on the fence about the event, get your registration in now...Because there will be no wait lists. Be sure to follow this link:

Mustang entries

Add the item to cart and go through the check-out process. Without payment by April 30th (or prior to the spots selling out) we can not reserve a spot for you to drive with your Mustang cohorts. If these spots do not sell out you may also find some Corvette owners driving in the same session.

Due to the relative low attendance of the Mustang, we've decided to not limit the participation to 2005+ Mustangs only. So ANY generation Mustang enthusiasts are welcomed.

Also, the gates to B&M/Hurst will be open at 10:00am Saturday May 1st 2010 for free tech inspection, and close at 2:30pm. These inspections usually last around 15-20 minutes so we can only process about 20 cars in this period, so if you would like to take advantage of the free tech inspection for the event please show up promptly. Inspection will be on a first come, first serve basis.

Also don't forget the 15% off killer deal on HJC helmets for this event. Please order through Ray Miller and pick-up through will-call at HJC's corporate headquarters in Cerritos. I highly recommend visiting HJC's website and picking out a style you like. Currently I am rocking an AR-10 in rubbertone black. If you find yourself in love with this sport after the event, and I promise you, you will...A good helmet goes a very VERY long way. We DO have loaner helmets available for the event, but if you feel yourself "hooked" afterwards, you can still cash in on the discount, which is pretty substantial.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Dan@BMRacing

Default Last day to sign up...

Registration closes after today. Last chance!

Mustang Entry Form

There are 17 spots open.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Dan@BMRacing

Wow. Thank you for those of you who managed to attend the event. I'm still recovering from it. The respect you all showed for your fellow car enthusiasts was just down-right refreshing.

There are long threads on the Camaro5 forum and ChallengerTalk with pictures and videos of the event if anyone is interested.