5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need help....any ideas from the pros

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

Default Need help....any ideas from the pros

Koeo:
Cm:
29- Insufficient input from vehicle speed sensor.
my response: 29, could this cause the cel to come on during deaceleration, does this effect any thing? for the engine?

34- PFE or EVP circuit has intermittently failed above the closed limit of 0.67 volts.
my response: for 34, does this mean the egr position sensor is bad, or does this mean that the egr is opening when its not suppose to?

41- HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (right side).
My response: for 41, why the hell would it run lean? there is no sign of it running lean

66- MAF sensor went below 0.4 volts during the last 80 warm-up cycles. or TOT sensor output was less than Self-Test minimum value of 0.15 volts.
My response: for 66, Does this mean the maf is bad, or whats the tot sensor, how do i check or fix this code? where do I start for this one?

91- No HEGO switching detected always lean (left side).
my response, for 91 I use to get these codes, but got new 02' and fixed it ant I fixed the hego ground wire, which will set this code of if its not grounded all the way, ill re check my goround wire, now i get the 41/91/ code again, I have new o2 snsors..anyone why my car runs lean, I have absolutly no clue why i got these codes...

Ive did the the test many times at normal operation temp, to check for consistant coded, and all codes I got every time, No fluke codes. both is KOER, and KOEO tests.

Koer:
94:Thermactor Air Injection system inoperative (left side).
My resoponse: why isnt it working , is this where the the tube that goes to the the cats from the smog pump, all the vaccum hose are hooked up corretly, and there are no leaks, what would cause the smog system to not work?

44:Thermactor Air Injection system inoperative (Right side).
my response: WHY????

34: PFE or EVP circuit above the closed limit of 0.67 volts.
my response: does this mean the evp is bad or that the valve is openning the wrong time, or is not opening at the proper time?

here are the following, Ive tried cleaning the maf, cleaned, I cleaned the EGR valve, I set the Tps .99, I have the idle set at 800 or 750, idles perfect, It has ne Hego sensors or O2 sensors, the Iac was cleaned, the timming is set at 10*, IF THIS MEANS ANYTHING, I get the cel when I hold the revs at like 3500+ and i get the cel when, when I drive the car and let the car deaccelerate, the cel will come on not right away, but if I start at 3500rpm, then start letting the rpms go down, then it will come on around 2000rpm, then goes away as soon as I get back on the gas...

Thanks for your time. I need to get my car smogged and its not going to pass with these codes LOL no smog sys working WTF.

Old 05-27-2006, 05:08 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Need help....any ideas from the pros

ttt
Old 05-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90Mustangfan

Koeo:
Cm:
29- Insufficient input from vehicle speed sensor.
34- PFE or EVP circuit has intermittently failed above the closed limit of 0.67 volts.
41- HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (right side).
66- MAF sensor went below 0.4 volts during the last 80 warm-up cycles.
91- No HEGO switching detected always lean (left side).

Ive did the the test many times at normal operation temp, to check for consistant coded, and all codes I got every time, No fluke codes. both is KOER, and KOEO tests.

Koer:
94:Thermactor Air Injection system inoperative (left side).
44:Thermactor Air Injection system inoperative (Right side).
34: PFE or EVP circuit above the closed limit of 0.67 volts.
my response: does this mean the evp is bad or that the valve is openning the wrong time, or is not opening at the proper time?

here are the following, Ive tried cleaning the maf, cleaned, I cleaned the EGR valve, I set the Tps .99, I have the idle set at 800 or 750, idles perfect, It has ne Hego sensors or O2 sensors, the Iac was cleaned, the timming is set at 10*, IF THIS MEANS ANYTHING, I get the cel when I hold the revs at like 3500+ and i get the cel when, when I drive the car and let the car deaccelerate, the cel will come on not right away, but if I start at 3500rpm, then start letting the rpms go down, then it will come on around 2000rpm, then goes away as soon as I get back on the gas...

Thanks for your time. I need to get my car smogged and its not going to pass with these codes LOL no smog sys working WTF.
KOEO:
1. Code 29 or VSS signal failure....will affect idle control up/down shifting and coming to a stop strategies....it shouldn't trigger the CEL though. Need to check the VSS sensor at the tranny, wire integrity(no opens or short) of the VSS connector wires going to pins 3 & 6 at the ECM, and the VSS sensor resistance value of 190-240 ohms.

2. Code 34...check EVP sensor output voltage, ign on...if it's close or over .6vdc...its replacement is recommended...let us know what you get.

3. Code 66...MAF signal low...suggest to do the following tests and let us know the results:

4. Codes 41 & 91...system lean, both banks...start by checking for vacuum leaks, you don't have an open breather installed...right?....these codes could also be a cause of code 66, if the MAF signal goes low, A/F will be set lean by the EEC_IV system....hold on to these codes until 66 is taken care of first.

KOER:
1. Codes 44 & 94...thermactor system inoperative, both banks....check vacuum lines integrity going to/from the TAB/TAD solenoids (lower side of RH strut tower, under the EGR Valve Regulator(EVR) solenoid)...if they're OK, you might want to check about the possibility of having the crossover tube and the ports at the back of the heads clogged up with carbon.....if they are they need to be cleaned.

2. Code 34....same as the KOEO-CM code...an EVP sensor reading very close to its upper limit, could cause it to spike going over the .67vdc threshold and logging the code.

Hope this helps. My
Old 05-27-2006, 07:02 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

thanks alot, your a good man, Ill check and perform the test on the maf and erg position sensor, too see if its bad or what the deal is, the maf could be bad telling the car to run lean, in turn giving 41/91 situation, ill check my ground wires and ground connections, and perform those test, ill post back the results in about a couple of hours while i work on my car.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:57 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

Ok heres for the egr postion sensor, ok with just the key on i get .35 and at idle .35...I found out just now that I had no vaccum going to the 2nd valve that connects to the smog tubes that go to the heads, so I put a vaccum hose to them and now that 2nd valve works, and no cel, Im going to rest the computer and check new codes, with the whole smog system working, I shouldnt get any more smog codes, thanks, next to check is the Maf, ill perform that test next after I rest the computer, thanks again, i think i fixed my problem, ill know for sure when I rest the comp.