Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Stripe Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 01:24 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stripe Thread

Yep, they are like traditional decals....not transfer tape.....i.e., peel the vinyl off the backing, squirt the hell out of the back of the decal and the car, slide into place, and squeegee out the excess air and water.......

Problem with the hood, and an 18 inch wide stripe, is all the compound angles fighting one another......

I'm hoping that if I do the rest, it will be a bit easier than the hood....

Mike

Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Hey I don't know if you seen this but AFBlue put some time into this and its worth checking out.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48348

he has many car on here with lots of time spent!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:48 PM
trpcthndr
1st Gear Member

Hey Mike,

Looks friggin awesome! I'm almost wishing I'd gone with that SS Superstripe now. I thought about it b/c I think it looks amazing with the hood scoop. The 2 10-inch stripes poses a problem for me now. Do I go with a black hood scoop on my torch red or should I get a red scoop then try to use the rest of my stripes to do the scoop to match the stripes???? decisions, decisions, decisions!

As for you, I think you can't go wrong either way! IMO, do the roof and the trunk lid, but I personally wouldn't take that big SS stripe down the front or back of the car. Right now, you got that blackout panel, but I think it will still look good even if you take that off! Man, that's a nice ride! The hood pins set the whole thing off! Congrats! You must love drivin that bad@$$ 'stang!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

just go red w/o any stripes on the spoiler'
...are they from BSM?

Im thinking about getting those to complement the center fog grille im getting.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 AM
JimC

Mike, - the shop that installed mine said the hood was the biggest challenge -- of course they didn't have to go up over the top so don't know about that. The rear bumper was also difficult to line up, but since you aren't planning to the bumper that headache is avoided for you.

I did get a couple of pictures (a little dark though) of my car with the Roush installed -- couldn't figure out how to attach them to a PM so I posted them here for you:

Old 01-24-2007, 01:05 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Hey Mike,

Looks friggin awesome! I'm almost wishing I'd gone with that SS Superstripe now. I thought about it b/c I think it looks amazing with the hood scoop. The 2 10-inch stripes poses a problem for me now. Do I go with a black hood scoop on my torch red or should I get a red scoop then try to use the rest of my stripes to do the scoop to match the stripes???? decisions, decisions, decisions!

As for you, I think you can't go wrong either way! IMO, do the roof and the trunk lid, but I personally wouldn't take that big SS stripe down the front or back of the car. Right now, you got that blackout panel, but I think it will still look good even if you take that off! Man, that's a nice ride! The hood pins set the whole thing off! Congrats! You must love drivin that bad@$$ 'stang!
Wow, thanks so much for the kudos. It is appreciated. I am so happy with the decision to go with the SS Superstripe. Mind you, I was second guessing myself during the install, but now that I'm a few days past, I love it. Today was actually the first day that I backed into a parking spot at lunch time. When I came out, finally saw the hood froma distance.....I fricken love it!!The pictures I attached earlier do not do it justice, because the are somewhat washed out. Still undecided on doing the rest of the car, but hey, the stripe kit isn't going anywhere, so we shall see....Yes, I love it every time I drive it, no doubt. Oh, and even if I do stripe the rest, I have never planned on doing the bumpers.....

As for doing yours, my personal opinion would be a black hood scoop on top of the black stripes.The red gap in the middle of the stripes would offset nicely, I think. JMO.....

Jim,
OK, I really like it with the scoop on. I know since the scoop is new to you, it probably seems very large and awkward, but after you get used to it, you miss it when it's not on there. That being said, I really think the black scoop breaks up the stripe nicely...Obviously, the install went smoothly??
I really think Baltimore Street Mods is doing themselves a huge injustice, by not advertising the SS Superstripe with pictures with a scoop on...To me, it just makes the stripe, and the scoop......

Very nice job Jim, and thanks for your input on my decision. I appreciate it very much......After I get this poor Pony cleaned up this weekend, and out in the sunshine, I'll get some good pics for ya.....

Thanks,
Mike