Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo Killer

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:20 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Evo Killer

ORIGINAL: 281GT

Yup, what everybody else said. Summary. Sure they're fast, very fast, but they are butt ugly, unreliable and very expensive to repair. They have no class at all. In 3 years we will all be drinking coke from the recycled metal pop cans that will come from them. Our 05 / 06 Mustangs will be collectors items in 20 years. Evos will be long forgotten along with the SRT4's and all the other little crap boxes.
I hate to say this but no they won't. In 20 years your average GT will be like buying a 1986 GT today. Sure nice ones with low miles will be hard to find, but it won't be like the cars from the 1960's, that era will not be replicated due to many factors.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:59 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Agreed, the only Mustangs that *may* be worth money are the very low volume cars that are also expensive. Like a Saleen Cobra (Edge car body), and maybe the Saleen Extremes, or S351s, or Rousch Stage 3. I doubt the new Cobra will even be worth anything with a 7500-10000 build rate. BUT as you can see when watchign Barrett Jackson, it's all based on the age of people with the $. The cars from the 20's and 30's that used to bring big bucks, are not doing so any more (remembe the Bentley in FL, that brought in 1.6 Million that previously sold for 4Mil?) , cause the generation who loved those cars is dead or in an old age home. So who knows, but I'm not counting on selling my NA Saleen for anything near what I paid for it. Enjoy your car and dont worry about preserving value, cause it's futile.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 PM
eclipse_dude27

Evos are badass cars (but then again im 4g63-dsm biased [8D]) they're fairly quick stock can be very quick cheap, handle better than some exotics, brake better than any other car, and they have 4 doors and seat 5 lol. oh yea and in 5 years the evo wont be dead, there have been hardcore evo followers since the evoI in the early 90s. anyone seen the new evo X coming out this fall? no more 4g63 the new motors supposed to hold a ****ing **** load more boost, plus it looks a lot better
Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Blackness
1st Gear Member

LOL WTF? HOw many wings and spoilers does that FUGLY thing have?
BTW I raced one from 2nd gear rolling start and won by 2 cars ending in 4th gear and by that time I only had Borlas, but he was making lots of noises, very annoying to have that guy following me around till I handed his ***!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:49 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

A little brutal there I would say, guy probably didn't know how to drive. It's a drivers race stock vs stock, i'm happy that you won. Bad sportsmanship between domestics and imports is uncalled for, so don't be a bad sport about it.

Whether you win or lose I might add...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

I totally agree with above.....

The only reason I have not bought a Mustang sooner is because of SOME individuals attitudes toward other FAST and sometimes FASTER cars....
Old 04-20-2006, 06:56 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I find it totally uncalled for people to boast about a win, and talk about how big a peice of **** somebody's car is. If it is that ****ty then it's not worth being told about. I wasn't going to say this before but it is the attitudes of some people with Mustangs that gives all of us a bad name. I posted this thread to notify, that I beat an Evo not to criticize them and say I beat a pos.

Good Day.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

I'll be impressed if someone kills one at an Auto-X.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:43 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

What is Auto Ex?
-E
Old 04-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I'm so tired of these "I beat a ricer" stories. Tell me about beating a vette or a vintage hot rod and I'll be impressed. Beating one of these goobered out wingmobiles just doesn't earn anyone bragging rights IMO. I know some of them are fast, but I can't get past the major case of ugly most of them are saddled with

Quick Reply: Evo Killer