Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo Killer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 06:13 PM
FIREMNSGT

Default RE: Evo Killer

Kids Kids Kids...

All of the mentioned cars are plenty fast for the street, heck I wouldnt mind beeing seen driving any of them(SRT-4, STI, EVO) but I will say this...the neon is still a neon, it's fast, but it will never be a collectors car, has anyone seen a Neon on the auction block at Barret Jackson??? NO...STI's at Barret Jackson??? NO....WRX at Barret Jackson???? NO....How about a Mustang???? Say what you may about Mustangs but they do have a long history....that makes it stand-out from these cars, NOT THE FASTEST of the three but most definitely the better looking of the three
Old 04-21-2006, 08:15 PM
GtStangFGCU

ORIGINAL: 281GT

Yup, what everybody else said. Summary. Sure they're fast, very fast, but they are butt ugly, unreliable and very expensive to repair. They have no class at all. In 3 years we will all be drinking coke from the recycled metal pop cans that will come from them. Our 05 / 06 Mustangs will be collectors items in 20 years. Evos will be long forgotten along with the SRT4's and all the other little crap boxes.

I dont think evo's are bad looking..the concept evo X and IX arent that bad looking either...the evo is the closest thing to rice i would never own...cant beat American muscle
Old 04-21-2006, 10:45 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I'm so tired of these "I beat a ricer" stories. Tell me about beating a vette or a vintage hot rod and I'll be impressed. Beating one of these goobered out wingmobiles just doesn't earn anyone bragging rights IMO. I know some of them are fast, but I can't get past the major case of ugly most of them are saddled with
Tres Wright, why don't you go brag about how you try and pose as a Mustang GT, not only would your car LOSE to an Evo (so keep your mouth shut.), but you are more rice than the Evo that I beat with your little GT grill. If your going to become hypocritical and go against my last post about how to 'mind your own business', then don't post in the thread as nobody needs a hypocritical guy making fun of a car faster than his.

By the way i'm just so curious as to what you would do when you lose against one of these 'goobered out wingmobiles' after getting your @$$ handed to you.

Good Day... [:@]
Old 04-22-2006, 12:24 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hiboost

Don't get on that arguement about "Imports".... There are more "Imports" being made with quality in America than "American"(including the Mexico and Canada versions) cough, cough, cars being made in America. Except for the Corvette, what other American car is 100% American?

Dude, your attitude is one of the reasons I thought about not buying a Mustang....

Dude, you don't know me. I don't know you. What my attitude toward imports has to do with you buying a Mustang I will never know. I don't like them. I respect them regardless. Yep, lots of domestics are made in Canada or Mexico, and lots of imports here in the states. It's all where the profits end up my friend. I will buy a Mazda, Jag, Range Rover, Volvo. Why?? They are all owned by Ford, that's why. I never push my beliefs on anyone, they are mine, and I am fine with that.

And you never answered my question. Should a Neon be compared to a $30000 Evo or WRX??? I have less than $30000 in my Neon, and it would destroy a stock WRX or Evo. It would kill all but the most highly modded Evo's or WRX's for that matter. And what is the argument about racing in the rain??? That's just retarded!!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:31 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FIREMNSGT

Kids Kids Kids...

All of the mentioned cars are plenty fast for the street, heck I wouldnt mind beeing seen driving any of them(SRT-4, STI, EVO) but I will say this...the neon is still a neon, it's fast, but it will never be a collectors car, has anyone seen a Neon on the auction block at Barret Jackson??? NO...STI's at Barret Jackson??? NO....WRX at Barret Jackson???? NO....How about a Mustang???? Say what you may about Mustangs but they do have a long history....that makes it stand-out from these cars, NOT THE FASTEST of the three but most definitely the better looking of the three

You're right. But 30 years ago if there was a Barret Jackson auction do you think you would have seen a 350 Chevelle that just rolled off the lot being sold? No. Think about it. SRT-4's=High performance, only made for 3 years, limited numbers (and shrinking every day due to stupid kid drivers). Don't get me wrong, I am definalty not comparing the 2, but the closest thing I can come up with is something like a Roadrunner. It was the cheap econonbox of it's day, but it had unlimited production, and the ones that were made as true musclecars sell for hundreds of thousands today! Again, I am not comparing an SRT-4 to a Roadrunner, but just trying to make people see into the future by looking in the past.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:36 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

On Saturday night, I met the driver of an Evo VIII which I ended up challenging. At first I said i'll race for $50, then he said $25, and finally he said just do it for fun. I said okay whatever, anyways we are going to hop on the highway and go from a 45 roll off. I did the three honks and let him go before I hit the gas, once I hear his car go I floor it and take about a car length on him at about 60 then by around 75 I won by about half a car length. He had intake, exhaust, and a blowoff valve. I could've done better I just let him take off first.

Evo down
What kind of gains did you get with the JLT CAI and tune, with your x pipes?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:39 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skillful

probably a dumb question...but whats an evo VIII?
This link will let you know a lot about them.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:52 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undefeated

What kind of gains did you get with the JLT CAI and tune, with your x pipes?
I am still bound to take my car to get some dyno runs in, but it's noticable gains none the less.