Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hurst shifter installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:04 PM
alphy

Default RE: Hurst shifter installed!!

I bought mine from Brenspeed.com, like PullMeOverRed, I paid $185, with free shipping and no taxes. I ordered it on Sunday of last week, Monday was a holiday and it came in on Thursday. Not a bad turn around for UPS ground.

I opened the box and all parts were there and in the original Hurst packaging. Breenspeed also threw in some coupons on other Mustang parts that they sell and threw in some hurst stickers (good for toolbox!) along with the invoice. Packaging was choice and everything looks good. I am going to put my car on ramps tonight and change out the shifter. Ill come back in here with pics and my impressions after Im done.

The anticipation is killing me, which is making my work day go by slow as hell. hehe

Old 06-02-2006, 02:28 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

OK, the new hurst shifter is cancelled and I just ordered from brenspeed too but mine cost me 189 with free shipping. However, i opted for 2nd day air and it was only 16.95!! total came to 206 - i'm happy. I also asked about the newest revision and the lady said these are the newest revisions on the shifters.

Now I cant wait till tuesday as Wednesday is track day!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
alphy

ZOMG!!!

I just got finished installing the Hurst in my car and I cant keep the smile off my face. These shifters should've been installed at the factory for GTs. It is that damn good.

I did run into one small glitch during installation..
The Hurst is was about 1/4 inch longer on the backend than my stock shifter and would not, I repeat would not go back into the hole from the top. Trust me, me and my buddy jerked around with it for over an hour before I took it to my grinder. I shaved off 1/4 inch off the back of the shifter and with some wrangling it finally went through the hole. There was still a good inch to an inch and 1/2 of steel behind the grommet after it was secured back into place, which leads me to believe it was just a little too much steel used in the stamp. If I wouldnt have had to dork around with the shifter for so long trying to reseat it, the installation would have been a little over 30minutes. Just watch carefully how your stock shifter is setup when you remove it, so you can mount the Hurst the exact same way.

Besides that one little aggrivation, everything went flawless. It shifts so fast that even with moderate pedal, you are barking rubber. So much fun. My buddy and I couldnt stop laughing at how much fun the car is now. Definitely the best money Ive spent so far and if it wasnt raining like hell outside, I'd still be driving.

GTNYC, you are going to love it!!