Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:19 AM
06 tgstn vert

Default RE: Radar Detector

bl1nkage is right I am a police ofc. in NY and I constantly drive around w/ my radar on to slow people down. Only lazy cops leave their radar on when they are sent to write tickets in an area due to citizen complaints of speeding vehicles. If detectors are legal in your state go head and use them but place your self in the ofc. shoes. When I stop a car thats doing 10-15 over and I turn on my radar to get his speed and his brake lights slam on and the nose of his car almost hits the pavement, then you walk up and see the detector your most likely going to get a ticket because it shows that you had the INTENT to speed. INTENT is a huge factor in a courtroom. No judge in the world is going to cut a break unless you live in a big city and they plead everything down. Gents. one tip radar scramblers dont work!!!! Please dont waste your money and if your going to get a detector a Valentine is the way to go. We've tested them all and they all register the radar well and from quite a distance but the directional arrows on the V-Tine are the benifit there. Once again not endorcing speeding but do what you gotta do just dont bitch when you get caught. It's a gamble every time we do speed, most of the time you win but some of the time you get caught. Laser is a whole nother story those scramblers are a scam as well but they get speed in about 1/2 a second. By the time you get your tone inside the car its too late. Best chance is to be driving a new mustang (if its me that got you, espically a tgstn gry one) and be polite maybe youll get a seatbelt ticket or window tint ticket instead. And please dont be stupid around residential areas def. a good way to get several tickets. Find an empty road w/o houses, get yourself a valentine, and be polite when caught... and hope for a guy that loves cars like me.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:50 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

passive radar/laser scramblers dont work but active ones do. You can get them of sites in china or south america. They are banned in the united states. The fine for having one is around 3k if I am not wrong. My dad has one on gt2 put in into both bumpers and I got a buddy that is a cop and we tested it. It does work, not 100% safe after an X distance the radar would always get a speed reading, but using this with a radar detector will give you 3-4 secs to slow down . If you are within close range the radar will get a reading, yet again if you get that close without seeing it is a cop you should get your vision checked lol.

Att. Andrew
Old 09-24-2006, 12:14 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06 tgstn vert

bl1nkage is right I am a police ofc. in NY and I constantly drive around w/ my radar on to slow people down. Only lazy cops leave their radar on when they are sent to write tickets in an area due to citizen complaints of speeding vehicles. If detectors are legal in your state go head and use them but place your self in the ofc. shoes. When I stop a car thats doing 10-15 over and I turn on my radar to get his speed and his brake lights slam on and the nose of his car almost hits the pavement, then you walk up and see the detector your most likely going to get a ticket because it shows that you had the INTENT to speed. INTENT is a huge factor in a courtroom. No judge in the world is going to cut a break unless you live in a big city and they plead everything down. Gents. one tip radar scramblers dont work!!!! Please dont waste your money and if your going to get a detector a Valentine is the way to go. We've tested them all and they all register the radar well and from quite a distance but the directional arrows on the V-Tine are the benifit there. Once again not endorcing speeding but do what you gotta do just dont bitch when you get caught. It's a gamble every time we do speed, most of the time you win but some of the time you get caught. Laser is a whole nother story those scramblers are a scam as well but they get speed in about 1/2 a second. By the time you get your tone inside the car its too late. Best chance is to be driving a new mustang (if its me that got you, espically a tgstn gry one) and be polite maybe youll get a seatbelt ticket or window tint ticket instead. And please dont be stupid around residential areas def. a good way to get several tickets. Find an empty road w/o houses, get yourself a valentine, and be polite when caught... and hope for a guy that loves cars like me.
these are the kind of police officers i love, and respect. Now, i'm only 17, and i can't afford the valentine at the moment with insurance, but i did manage to find a Beltronics Vector 995 on ebay for $200. Its commin within the next few days. But, thank you for being respectful of me, and being helpful.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:26 PM
finch00
2nd Gear Member

speed and time work on the law of dimishing returns. its complicated and difficult to explain but if you had any bussness classes thay talked about it but substitute time for money.

ultimatly you in best shape if you consistatly go 50-60 you;ll get the most back for your buck. clearly this allso translates in to gas savings....

back on topic i have an older whistler 1770 with noaa it has served me well over the years i think i am going to replace it soon but they make good stuff the noaa feature is nice too especially with pop up t-storms in the summer.