Tourists love Mustangs - MustangForums.com

2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:07 AM   #1  
dtown

Default Tourists love Mustangs

No not at the Maui Hertz counter. Rather, I'm in DC, have had my bone-stock black GT vert since roughly March, and was waiting downtown in front of an office building this afternoon. Half dozen Australians on a tour nearby with one of them pointing saying there's a Mustang, and another snaps a picture. One guy asks how I like the car. I say love it enough to put the top down even today (50 degrees out and windy). Another asks me to rev the engine. Etc. etc., chit chatting for a couple more minutes.

Funny thing is, this kind of thing has happened before. Once a Japanese tourist in a restaurant parking lot (too polite to talk but clearly checking it out), couple English kids (again with the "rev the engine"), and a large int'l business convention-type group taking a walking tour and 4 or 5 of them literally splitting out from the group to ask about the car. Amazing really, Mustang's been out for 3 years now, it's not the most technologically advanced or expensive GT car, yet still it draws attention. Makes me think of the first time I saw one at the autoshow and the crowd of people lining up just to sit in it.
dtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:40 AM   #2  
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tourists love Mustangs

i've gotten older guys in their late 40s and early 50s saying how they had a mustang back in the day and the 05+ models takes them back
limer06stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:53 AM   #3  
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I believe that part of that reason is that Ford, in its infinite wisdom, doesn't make or import the Mustang in other countries (except Canada). So to a Japanese, Austalian or English tourist the Mustang is pretty rare, especially if they haven't been in the US for too long.
I imagine it'd be the same for us if we went to Japan and saw those cool sports cars they have that we never see. You know, like that Nissan...
Orion_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:29 AM   #4  
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Orion-
Have you seen the Shelby GT 500 commercial where the car is being unloaded in Germany ? Check it out.
Correct term is FORD doesn't export, also.
LegallyTorchRED is offline   Reply With Quote