Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident - Cut off on I-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Accident - Cut off on I-4

what part of MD are you in?

speaking of being rear ended... i was driving my 240sx (no abs) in the rain the other day, some ****er cut me off then slowed down, so i hit my brakes but my car just slid towards him but luckily, since im an amazing driver i avoided the collision, lol
Old 01-06-2007, 11:19 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I would have avoided it but didn't want to ram the car next to me. Anyway fairlane, the bumper is not punctured nor is the paint because it hit the stripe. The damage is just the indentions of a trailor hitch which isn't really noticable but personally can't stand.

The damage isn't bad really, if I took pictures in my garage it would barely be noticable. I'll try the idea of using a heat gun but do you think a hair dryer would work? Do I need a rivet gun to get the front bumper off?

-Jeff
Old 01-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

No offense to my 'Stang brethren in Florida, but FL drivers are the worst! Much worse than California drivers.
Florida's population grows by about 200K each year from out of state residents transplanting themselves to the Sunshine State. Add to that the millions of tourists that come to visit the tragic kindom and other attractions and you have a recipe for disaster. None of these people learned how to drive in Florida. Now you have all these tourists and a lot of them are foreign nationals who are unfamiliar with US and Florida traffic laws so at any one given time when I'm driving on Florida roads, less than half of all drivers are resident Floridians. We used to have a popular bumper sticker down here that read "Warning, I learned how to drive by watching tourists". A true Florida resident can spot a rental car in a heartbeat.

To the OP you always get the other driver's information as well as that of any witnesses. Try to get pictures and do call the cops. You would be suprised as to how little $500 worth of damage is nowadays. If there is extensive damage, demand a certified traffic homicide investigator, every department has them, they know the laws. If the officer cites you, there is always traffic court. Prepare yourself and don't be intimidated, you'll probably win.

Floridian by birth
Gator by the grace of God ~~~;~~~;"<

Old 01-07-2007, 02:39 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

If you ever want to amke FL drivers look good. Drive in the MD/DC/VA Metro area for a week. It will make you want to kill people, sell your car and more to alaska. I enjoy driving in FLcompared to when I'm up here
Old 01-07-2007, 03:35 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

[sm=rant.gif]Now that this topic has changed gears to bad florida drivers..I am going to throw my 2 cents in.....I do not think it is a matter OF BAD FLA drivers...because what is lost in centurions post is that the bad drivers are NOT florida drivers...they are simply other area drivers who now are visiting or residing in Fla. Being a former regional type manager for a large corp. I was forced to drive in many states and I am going to tell ya ,,,that there are some a..hole drivers everywhere I have driven. New england and the crowded construction streets of Boston and Hartford as well as NEw Haven and anywhere on Connecticuts i-84....to One of the largest parking lots in the world of 4-95 or the LIE. (Which is a pun in itself as it is a LIE to call the Long ISland Expressway an Expressway) to the Jersey Turnpike or Garden State Parkway....from the congested city streets of large busses screaming by you in down town NYC (ripping off your side mirrors as they race by) to the cluster freak of Highway patrolman know as the southbound interstate 95...watch out for those signs for South of the Border in the Carolinas...they are lined with tracffic accidents and tickets...you cant forget the I-10 and its fun of napping truckers swerving in your lane as they fall asleep to the gridlock known as the LA Freeway in Los Angeles...(Yeah city of angels my butt) that must explain all of the fingers pointing upward to heaven HUH?when they cut you off...Angels...NOT...or how about the wonderful drivers of the infamous Spaghetti Junction in ATLANTA GEORGIA>....no its not Florida drivers that are the problem...it is bad drivers who whould not drive....that is the issue...it is a society so richly bent on communication that cell phones are the norm and no longer are people just hitting people because they dropped a lit cig....no now they are adjusting their mirrors...changing DVD's...or looking at their map or listening to their TOM TOM to take a left now....thats what causes this as well as bottom line.....it is individuals driving on a road that was once populated by the few is now populated by 200,000 too many per capita.....that is what causes the accidents...not a state....people who just dont care.....and obviously I do not include us (Forum posters) as we are ALL PERFECT DRIVERS right??[sm=devilangel.gif]
we dont drive fast occasionally....or talk about who is trying to race us next...we are perfect as we never cause the problem.....we are just unfortunate enough to be there when the problems happen.....well that was more than 2 cents...but you all get the picture
Old 01-07-2007, 03:46 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I hear you about bad drivers everywhere, but the DC tri state area is working its way to #1 for the traffic it has. Makes the LA freeway look like a country road.
But the real issue is the Diplomats we have everywhere. Then not to be racist but we have the little asian ladies driving these imports doing 40mph in the fast lanes. You will see another one every 5 minutes.. Its firgging crazy.

At least in FL the cops pull people over and ticket them for that.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:08 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

doesnt matter in FL, these cops ALWAYS site the person in the back. you would have gotten a ticket and your insurance prolly would have went up.

very sorry to hear that bastard hurt your baby but its best you handled it the way you did.
Yea I always thought that too until it happened to me. I was on Kirkman one day and I was merging into the left lane to turn left, as I was doing that, the guy originally behind me did the same thing but slammed the gas and hit me from behind. I got cited with an improper lane change[:@]
Old 01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

ORIGINAL: my77stang

doesnt matter in FL, these cops ALWAYS site the person in the back. you would have gotten a ticket and your insurance prolly would have went up.

very sorry to hear that bastard hurt your baby but its best you handled it the way you did.
Yea I always thought that too until it happened to me. I was on Kirkman one day and I was merging into the left lane to turn left, as I was doing that, the guy originally behind me did the same thing but slammed the gas and hit me from behind. I got cited with an improper lane change[:@]
yes sir those cops in osceola and orange county florida have some screwed up principles...I used to live there....got a ticket one time for taking a right hand turn out of the middle lane from Poinciana blvd onto John Young..the reason I did that was that the Osceola ctys finest were blocking the right lane pulling people over...so i went around one and there were a courthouse load of them standing in the middle of JYP pulling people over...of course when I told the officer that the other cops was blocking the lane he told me to not argue and I was getting cited...they also pulled over 2 cars in front of me and 3 behind for the same violation. Of course I fought and won in court....missed a days work to do it.....and now that middle lane has recently been changed to a right turn or straight lane....LOL.....gotta love it