Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty issue revisited

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty issue revisited

My Roush charger is going to be installed by Joe Cooper ford for 850$. I feel that is a pretty good deal and having a ford dealership mechanic do the work is all the better.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

From what I've been told, that if the FRPP Supercharger Pack is installed only by a Ford "Motorsport" authorized dealer , not just any Ford dealer, that the warranty will stay intact, any other instance, no, just like any other of the "Packs" by FRPP (Especially the Drag Pack...because of the ring and pinion, it voids warranty, no matter who puts it in)
Which I am told by Ford is the same thing as an authorized SVT Dealer. They are one in the same.
Thats funny, I was told that the dealer could not be just an SVT dealer, that you have to also be a "Motorsports" dealer (of which I had never heard of before), and that you have to be an SVT in order to become a Motorsports dealer. The techs go to Dearborn for training, etc, so the dealer can be certified by Ford to be a Motorsports dealer.

The dealer I bought my car from is an SVT authorized dealer, but when I inquired about the FRPP Power Pack, the service mgr. just said "we don't do that stuff here"! I didn't even bring up warranty, I just asked about the purchase and installation of the FRPP Power Pack! I had to go an hour and a half away to get the dealer that would do it, and have the warranty intact.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:10 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

"NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE ON POLLUTION-CONTROLLED MOTOR VEHICLES"
Actually what this means is. The part has not been approved and gotten a CARB EO# and although this is a automatic visual failure here in Cal. installation of the part does not mean the car will fail the Sniffer/Emmsions Test. It simply means the part has not been approved.

Richard
Old 02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

This kind of stuff is turning me off on getting performance mods. 5 Yrs 60K, don't want to screw that up.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:21 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

"NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE ON POLLUTION-CONTROLLED MOTOR VEHICLES"
Actually what this means is. The part has not been approved and gotten a CARB EO# and although this is a automatic visual failure here in Cal. installation of the part does not mean the car will fail the Sniffer/Emmsions Test. It simply means the part has not been approved.

Richard
And in Cali that means you failed your emissions test. Doesn't matter why you fail, you still fail.

I never said that if you add the supercharger you will fail the sniffer part of the test. Only that there is the chance that it might fail the test.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Dont know why you would want to install it at the dealer... It will only void the engine warranty. For the cost of the install fee you could probably install it someplace else. Blow then engine and rebuilt it and still be under the dealer install.

Andrew
Old 02-09-2007, 01:19 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

From what I've been told, that if the FRPP Supercharger Pack is installed only by a Ford "Motorsport" authorized dealer , not just any Ford dealer, that the warranty will stay intact, any other instance, no, just like any other of the "Packs" by FRPP (Especially the Drag Pack...because of the ring and pinion, it voids warranty, no matter who puts it in)
Which I am told by Ford is the same thing as an authorized SVT Dealer. They are one in the same.
Thats funny, I was told that the dealer could not be just an SVT dealer, that you have to also be a "Motorsports" dealer (of which I had never heard of before), and that you have to be an SVT in order to become a Motorsports dealer. The techs go to Dearborn for training, etc, so the dealer can be certified by Ford to be a Motorsports dealer.

The dealer I bought my car from is an SVT authorized dealer, but when I inquired about the FRPP Power Pack, the service mgr. just said "we don't do that stuff here"! I didn't even bring up warranty, I just asked about the purchase and installation of the FRPP Power Pack! I had to go an hour and a half away to get the dealer that would do it, and have the warranty intact.
It just doesnt seem like there is a clear cut explaination the way these Ford dealerships are "authorized" [&:] I guess the safest way to address is to only address the dealer that I deal with and go from there. I do know, for a fact,that our local dealer is an authorized SVT dealer and all FRPP purchases and installations done at this dealer are fully covered under warranty. I have already bought my FRPP Springs; Axle-back GT Stingers; and my latest, aHurst Short-Throw shifter, at our dealership. All the installation workwas done there as well. If these parts break or cause damage (not caused by neglect or abuse) to my stang, my warranty will cover the repairs. After all Ive read on the forum, I hope I never break down or need a Ford dealer anywhere else!!! lol
Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

BTW, CARB stands for California Air Resources Board. It is generally considered the toughest emission standard in the States so it has become the standard for emissions certification. If a manufacturer can get a CARB certification then it is considered 50 state legal with regards to the emissions testing. This means it can be used on emissoins controlled vehicles in all 50 states.
It's also yet another reason why I hate living here sometimes...thank god my '74 Vette doesn't need to be smogged, or else I'd never get it to pass, since I put headers on it that don't have the "correct" smog fittings.

But I think I'll seriously consider either S/C or a T/C for the future of my 'Stang...
Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Only dealers that are SVT cerified are allowed to file warranty claims with the maker for SVT products. This certification is so that they can take on SVT jobs and get paid from the maker. If it is customer pay, you take your risks with the technicians level of skill and of course you will pay for the repairs.
The new FRPP power packages are the ONLY thing, I repeat ONLY thing that will not affect your warranty coverage if you experience a failure that is related to the components. I dont' care who you buy your stuff from or who installs it. FORD pays the dealer for your warranty and if you stuff is in any way attributable to the failure - they have the right to deny coverage for that particular repair. You warranty is not VOID if you mod your vehicle. But, if that mod causes a failure that particular repair will not be covered. And, of course then the maker knows your car is modded and you will have to deal with stuff like this for the rest of your warranty coverage. DONT listen to the hype. I know what I am talking about ( I work for the company being discussed). If a DEALER wants to warrant your repairs because they sold or installed it - they have the right to do so. BE SURE to distinguish between dealer warranty and factory warranty. Just like how service contacts (extended warranties) are NOT the same as the factory warranty.

The word WARRANTY covers defects in production or workmanship. NOT " I will replace anything that breaks in X miles or X time regardless of how it failed"....