Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big down payment

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:31 PM
dafeesh
1st Gear Member

Default RE: big down payment

I just got back from dinner, and holy crap lots of replies. Thanks people, really good info actually. I'm gonna have to visit a lot of dealers her in central florida to find the car for me if I go off the lot. Fortunately there is a pretty large inventory around here. I went to the closest dealer to me a couple of weeks ago and nothing totally fit the bill. I want Tungsten Grey, with the most bitchin inteior available. Sound system isn't so important. I just want to see the premier wrapped and stiched dash, smell the leather seats, and hear that rumbling V8. A feast for all of the senses.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

When I was looking for my 2006 Stang Gt at a local ford dealer.
I had $30,000 in hundreds in my pocket and walked in a ford dealer.(was going to pay by check if they had one but not cash}
They had no Stang Gts in stock but nobody tryed to help me for the 5-10 while I was waiting.
So I felt screw them and was going to go home and walked pass a saleswoman that was waiting on someone else and said that I was ready to buy a car and I got tired of waiting and showed her all the hundreds while I was walking by,she said she can help me but I just wanted to leave....JT
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
ned4spe
1st Gear Member

Drop Top 06sure you can do business with me.. i have an 02 porsche carrera with 23,000 miles on it for sell. i'll gladly take cash for it now..
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Well I paid cash for my Stang GT and didnot want a loan....
Ratter pay cash then have a bill every month................Well maybe if they had 0% I would have took a loan but the interest rates were high when the 06 stang gts came out......JT
Old 03-07-2007, 06:26 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Yup like 20-25yrs for me!
ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

ORIGINAL: dborne
ORIGINAL: billyjo
You are better off getting one off the lot with cash then ordering. Look for a gt that you want at a ford and then walk in and try to buy it. You have the cash and you are in control. If they want to sell the car then they will take the cash. You can always walk out. Remember the cost is about 16500 for them to buy a GT so that should help you with pricing. Rember knowing is half the battle. GIJOOOOEEEEE sorry flash back.
wow its been awhile since i've heard that
ahhh so very long ago
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

what the hell guys? how are you putting down $12-22k and still having a d@mn payment of $200-300 per month?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:41 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

what the hell guys? how are you putting down $12-22k and still having a d@mn payment of $200-300 per month?
Now...there's a good question....
Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

well i pre-ordered mine in august of 2006 and sealed the deal at that time, and only got the car on october. When i went to pick it up with a bank check in the full amount they had a check of nearly 1k$ for me...forgot exactly wut it was. My advice speak with the top dog at a dealer and tellem u'll slip some money under the table to him if he gives you the best deal on he market (4 or 500 bucks). Thats whati did and payed nothing but the MSRP (close to 30k cause of all the options) tax registration and all that stuff they try to make you pay for was on them. After that if u finance it's all about your credit. One more thing. If you ever plan on getting it CASH make sure they dont know about it untill u seal the deal beacause since they're not going to make and money on the interest they'll try to jack up your price a little.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Only time cash talks is when buying off the lot. Not on special ordered vehicles. When I ordered mine that was the first question I asked. In a month you won't be able to order an 07 anyway. In April you'd be ordering an 08. Again that's what applied to me last April. Let say you do order an 08, expect it to take 4 months for delivery. I ordered mine second week of April and it came in third week of August. Other than being able to save up some more money you'd be having a fresh 08 Mustang that hasn't been out in acid rain/elements for a while.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:44 AM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

I don't think the down payment amount is going to do anything for you. The only time having cash and being able to deal is if you can buy the car outright. If you walk in with 25K in cash for a 27.5K you have leverage.

Quick Reply: big down payment