Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stroker engines

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

Default RE: stroker engines

really?? i dont watch tv not home at all dont really justify the cost. single never home always on lease or the road why throw away more money?? i have better things to spend it on
Old 04-25-2007, 08:35 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

fair enough on the transmission call but i detest automatics. ill put a liberty or jerico planetary street trans in the thing before ill put a damn automatic
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Well trying to put down 700+ rwhp on a street car with a 5 speed IMO not worth it. More affective with a Auto. But each there own. It all really depends on what your goals are for. I know if I was building a 1/4 street car with tons of hp I would want a 4 speed Auto
Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Only way to go.

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

Well trying to put down 700+ rwhp on a street car with a 5 speed IMO not worth it. More affective with a Auto. But each there own. It all really depends on what your goals are for. I know if I was building a 1/4 street car with tons of hp I would want a 4 speed Auto
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Hey did you get your car fixed? also were talking about the Stroker they put in the red saleen? if so, that does look sick! Chris is the best. My car runs better than it did stock, when it comes to smoothness.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jcw

im thinking of running copper head gaskets in the motor they help provide a better seal when combined with cutting matching receier grooves in the cylinder head and block. this is done in applications where there are high amounts of cylinder pressure. you run a sized copper wire into the groove improving cylinder seal. i also feal like running pretty much the full selection of antifriction, thermal barrier, and none stick coatings throughout the motor. nonstick coatings reduce windage loss when applied to the crankshaft and the rotating assembly because their is less oil stuck and it results in a more consistant and lighter rotating assembly. thermal barriers are designed to keep heat from soaking, helping to lower thermal breakdown of the oil and lower cooling temps. it will also help increase the theraml effiency of the motor by keeping heat where it belongs. in the cylinders
I was under the impression that copper gaskets with O-rings seal the chambers, but are more prone to leak in the water jackets. That is OK for top fuel (no water), but not so hot for the street. There is copper sealing spray that I've used on pure copper gaskets before, but I have used Fel-Pro gaskets for extreme use that had a sort of O-ring built into the chamber sealing surface. They worked great in my 11:1 460 engine.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:06 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

possibly oringed cylinder will be done for sure, but for the rest im bouning around ideas
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Yep got my car fixed last week, got the shelby bumper on, it looks pretty good. Ill have my car in probably sometime next week, just ordered my nitrous kit which should only take a few days for him to get to. Yeah i was talking about Gary's red saleen, NASTY! Lol he curses everday taht he still has the manual tranny in there, and bitches about not being able to afford the auto, lol!

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

Hey did you get your car fixed? also were talking about the Stroker they put in the red saleen? if so, that does look sick! Chris is the best. My car runs better than it did stock, when it comes to smoothness.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

i dont know all i ever really learned to drive with was stick cars. only vechiles ive driven with autos are trucks, suvs and moms bmw. never really liked autos. but i think its personal preferance
Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Its not really an auto in the sense of what we usually see. Dont get me wrong, i love a stick, wouldnt buy an auto unless i had to. But when you are putting htat much power to the ground it's almost neccissary to get a drag tranny or somthing. I watch pinks a lot, 95% of those cars are auto, and the other 5% are imports, lol. I am against buying an auto mustang too trust me, lol but with 700 hp or so, lol i dont want to be shifting!

On another note, i would LOVE to build a stroker, you are very lucky my friend, lol.

Quick Reply: stroker engines