Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stroker engines

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
edified
1st Gear Member

Default RE: stroker engines

How about this set-up? Livernois can help you make your time worth while.

Modified aluminum block
Bore 3.553
Stroke 3.750
Livernois custom steel for crank
for you rods, Livernois-exclusice Manley H-beam
Pistons: Livernois-exclusive Manley stroker
now you'll have a 9:5:1 compresion
Livernois stage 2 CNC and ported heads (if you want stage 3 much better only if you can tolerate rough idle)
Valves: 35mm intake (x2), 38MM exhaust, with Livernois springs
Siemens 60-lbs/hr injectors, Livernois custom in-tank fuel pumps
upgrade your fuel rails, Livernois recommends the on from Creative Performance Racing
Long tube headers, Livernois recommends Kooks 1/58 with cats, Corsa aftercats
upgrade your tranny to D&D Performance Viper-spec T56 six-speed, Ram Power Grip HD clutch, for your driveshaft, Livernois recommends one-piece aluminum driveshaft from Dynotech and for your rear end, 3.73 gears, Eaton Posi, Moser 31-spline axles.
push it more with tuned EM (with this set-up, Livernois will custom tune it for you)
Dont forget your blower! ProCharger F1 is recommended (capable of up to 38 psi).

Up grade your suspension and the result? According to Mr. Dynojet 770 hp and 640 lb-ft .

Contact Dan Millen of livernois if you need more info.

Good Luck!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:01 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

yeah ive talked to livernois a few times. looking at that setup but oringing the block, coating pretty much everything at dart, comp cams camshafts and the stage three heads
dont know about the supercharger thinking turbos and seting up witha progressive boost controller.
so more boost as i get up into the gears. seem simalar setups used before. lots of wiring and electronics, but it lets you get the power down to the ground better
Old 04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Yep got my car fixed last week, got the shelby bumper on, it looks pretty good. Ill have my car in probably sometime next week, just ordered my nitrous kit which should only take a few days for him to get to. Yeah i was talking about Gary's red saleen, NASTY! Lol he curses everday taht he still has the manual tranny in there, and bitches about not being able to afford the auto, lol!

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

Hey did you get your car fixed? also were talking about the Stroker they put in the red saleen? if so, that does look sick! Chris is the best. My car runs better than it did stock, when it comes to smoothness.

LOL. Nitrous! That should be fun! You maybe able to hang with me now!I will more than likely go with a 75 shot after the stroker is done, help spool the turbo up!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

I really don't see the point in building it yourself unless you enjoy doing it and have a lot of experience doing it before. For about $800.00 you can have the short block built professionally. Then all you have to do is add the cams, heads, and accessories from the stock block. Thats all I did. Now I have the stock block to build myself in due time.

Oh when yougo to a forged crank you will have to change your flex plate.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

nope id get the thing professionally nuild no arguement there. if i tried to build motor it would take forever. 10 months out of the year i pretty much live at work right now im on the other two months. no matter what i do im getting the engine professionally build and once everything is build and setup in the car its off to a tuner to get programmed
Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Cool, if thats the case then. It would probably be best for you to contact whoever your builder is going to be, DSS, Bennett etc,. tell them what you would like to do and they'll help you with the finer details for your application.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:56 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

yeah i am/was hoping more people here had done stroker 3v and could give me their pinions on what they liked and didnt like after deling with their builder
Old 04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

I am going with Power By Ford, with my local shop doing the rest of the work. I have heard nothing but good things. I will let you know how it goes once it's done
Old 04-26-2007, 03:00 PM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

ahh ok well the only thing that I would say is that if I were to do it all over again I would have gone big bore 5.0 liter or even 5.2. At the time I was keeping the cost down by staying 4.6 but looking back it wasn't that much more. No harm though still have the stock block to build over time. But my builder was very easy to deal with. Just told them that I wanted indestructable and low compression. From there they showed me the way. Everything else was a snap from there. It can take anything I can throw at it. More power is onlya matter of octane and pulley's. I am mainly about streetable power though. I wanna play everytime I take herout of the stable, not just at the track or road course.IMOthere is a such thing as too much whenmaintaining control isntpossible the power goes to waste. My 700 pony potential will probably never be used becauseI'd get thrown off of the track for not having a roll cage andthats the only place I'd be able to put itto use. But I know themotor could take it if I wanted too.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:07 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

true enough thats why im kinda leaning towards a turbo set up. set it up with a progressive wastegate setup. as i get into higher gears and sppeds it allows for more boost. helps put the power to the ground.

Quick Reply: stroker engines