Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-plan pin request

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: X-plan pin request

Second hand knowledge!!!!!!! I'm copying it directly from the fordpartner website. If anyone has second hand knowledge it's you!

A ford employee might be able to assign a pin number to your social, but I assure you the x-plan as I know it and as it's written on the ****ing website is not for friends and ****ing neighbors, unless they live in your household!!!

ORIGINAL: Aziraphale

ORIGINAL: Go Blue 48044

I am an employee for ford motor.I get 4 X plans and 4 A plans per calander year.X plans are for friends and family of employees.I've give out over7 X plans to members of this board over the last couple of years.A plan is a better plan in the fact that it's for immiediate family members.It saves the customer more money on a new purchase or lease than the X plan.I've been employed with FOMCO for 13 yrs.I believe I'm a little more qualified regarding this subject than you.
While not an employee of Ford, I can confirm this also. People with "2nd hand knowledge" about this shouldn't necessarily speak up here. As stated above, my dad's coworker's brother (dad's coworker is a good friend of the family) works for Ford. He needed to know my g/f's information and he provided her with a PIN and she got the car using the X plan. I was there with her when she signed for it.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:28 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Hey Moose, I will say that I got mine from a request I put on blueovalnews.com, I had NO idea who the person was that sent it to me, the dealership asked me where I got it from, and I told them.....I didn't know the person, I got it off the internet....they didn't have a bit of a problem with it.

and to be honest, I PROBABLY could have negotiated a better deal, but I special ordered the car I want (about like yours) so I really didn't feel like I was in that good of a negotiating position......

It does work, even if the website says otherwise.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

The program was brought forth to keep employee's from issuing A plans to friends (Not immiediate family).Before 6 yrs ago all plans were intended for retired employee's and or employee'sand somesuppliers also were privlaged to the A plan program.X plan can be used by ANYONE.As long as it was issued to THEM.In other words if somone gives you one your name is put to it.You cannot give it to anyone else.Moosetang please refrain from giving out advice about how the program works........You are completley WRONG and have no idea what so ever what your talking about.It only makes the advice you give others on the forum regarding other subjects irrelevant.If you don't know what your talking about keep your mouth shut.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well I would be careful. If someone like me, who can get a pin number, gives it out to someone else, they will ask questions. I can get 2 pins per year.

I didn't think Ford had any employees left.

ORIGINAL: gatkins94

Hey Moose, I will say that I got mine from a request I put on blueovalnews.com, I had NO idea who the person was that sent it to me, the dealership asked me where I got it from, and I told them.....I didn't know the person, I got it off the internet....they didn't have a bit of a problem with it.

and to be honest, I PROBABLY could have negotiated a better deal, but I special ordered the car I want (about like yours) so I really didn't feel like I was in that good of a negotiating position......

It does work, even if the website says otherwise.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:47 PM
silvel2edge
1st Gear Member

I posted at Blue Oval, haven't heard back yet. My only concern is i want Grabber Orange and some other upgrades but I see very few grabber oranges available at my local dealerships. Is it a problem for dealerships to install some of the other options I want on an existing vehicle? Such as shaker 1000, sirius, etc.?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

Hey silver I got your pm.When are you picking up the Mustang?Mine will reset in Jan.If you plan on holding of to then I will give you one.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:52 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

Moosestange has it right.

Manthe ******** getting deep in here!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

Here get it first hand here.Talk to them about how X plan works. 1-800-348-7709 (program headquarters)
Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 8:00pm.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

Here you go check with the people who sent me emails check out the dates. . https://mustangforums.com/m_1627440/tm.htm
Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/vehi...dNeighbors.htmEnd of discussion. MOE nice start great 33rd post.MOOSEread advice above.

Quick Reply: X-plan pin request