Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding the 4-digit calibration code...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Marks07GT

Default Finding the 4-digit calibration code...

Evening all - I'm looking to join the "CAI and Tune" club. However, when I go to submit my B A M A request, it asks for two bits of info I don't have.

First - the 4 digit calibration code. Per the SCT site, this is somewhere near the "passenger side of engine near front of motor.”, but I don’t know what I’m looking for. Is it stamped on the motor, on the shock mounts, or other?

Second question… how do I find the axle codeor gear ratio? This is a 2007 GT manual.

Any assistance appreciated. I'm axious to my order in and get roaring down the road a little quicker!

Thx
Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Finding the 4-digit calibration code...

Passenger side small metal looking box on the side of your fuse box should be a sticker that has a 4 digit code which will be 3 letters and a number. Yours is an 07 so unless you paid for the 3.55 gearupgrade your running 3.31's, the axle code is on a sticker in the driver side door jam(atleast on my 06 it is). Another way to tell your gear ratio is a sticker under the car on the rear end.

http://www.brenspeed.com/tech/cpucode.html
Old 07-01-2007, 02:13 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'm too slow...must be slippin'
Old 07-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Marks07GT

Thanks Mike... perfect.

Quick question for you... I notices in your sig that you have an AirRaid CAI and use Brenspeed. Do you run with the restrictive insert in or out now that you have your tune? I originally thought that the idea was you leave it in if no tune, but to remove if you are tuning. However, the email note I got from Doug at B A M A indicated that, based on his dyno tests, it loses 3-4rwhp if removed, and makes driveability worse.

Curious... and thanks again for the help on the axle and codes. Got 'em both this morning.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marks07GT

Thanks Mike... perfect.

Quick question for you... I notices in your sig that you have an AirRaid CAI and use Brenspeed. Do you run with the restrictive insert in or out now that you have your tune? I originally thought that the idea was you leave it in if no tune, but to remove if you are tuning. However, the email note I got from Doug at B A M A indicated that, based on his dyno tests, it loses 3-4rwhp if removed, and makes driveability worse.

Curious... and thanks again for the help on the axle and codes. Got 'em both this morning.
With Brents tune I have not experienced that atleast not that I know of. I pulled the restrictor when I loaded the tune, driveability is wayyy better than the stock tune w/retrictor installedIMO but I havnt tried Brents tune w/restrictor. I already had the airaid and Brent could have easliy talked me into another CAI but instead talked me into just tuning this one. If I werent planning on going FI I would try B.ama and VMP as well and maybe even a different CAI.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:20 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Thanks Mike... perfect.

by restrictor are you guys talking about the hydrocarbon filter in the stock intake, because everything I read says that those were discontinued sometime in the 05 model year and the newer stangs don't have one...or are you talking about something else?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

Thanks Mike... perfect.

by restrictor are you guys talking about the hydrocarbon filter in the stock intake, because everything I read says that those were discontinued sometime in the 05 model year and the newer stangs don't have one...or are you talking about something else?
No, were talking about the MVT(modular venturi technology) restrictor in the airaid cai.. With it in you can run the airaid w/o a tune, but when tuned you(can) pull it as I did, giving you a 100mm intake tube. Basically all it is is a smaller tube inside the front part of the larger intake tube.