Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License plate mounting bolt holes

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Default License plate mounting bolt holes

Question:

I washed my 05 GT Prem. 5spd. today for the first time since I bought her last Thur. 2-3-2005. I went in Wed. 2-2-05 evening and worked out the price/trade with the 05 GT due in Thur. or Friday. They called me at 4pm on Thur. and said it had just been unloaded. I was able to finish the purchase and take it home 3 hours later. I was told it had been checked and prepped by the service department.

What I noticed washing her today. There are no holes in the rear bumper to fasten the license plate when I go to the DMV in 30 days. Did they miss this, and would you just drill the holes in yourself??[sm=helpout.gif]
Old 02-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Lugn
1st Gear Member

Default RE: License plate mounting bolt holes

No holes in my bumber either, but I found the screws next to the owners manual...
Anyway, do you really have to drill a hole before mounting the plate? Won't the screws and some gentle force do the job?

A question from me:
Do you have to mount the plate in the front?
Never had a car in the US before, so I've never reflected over what the law says...

Old 02-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Depends on your State (where you buy the License plate), here in Indiana we only have to run a rear plate. Just take a look at the other cars from your state, and you can tell real quick. Of course when you license the car they will also give you two plates if needed
Hope you enjoy your 05 as much as I am mine !!

I haven't tried the screws without drilling. But, I did find them in the glove box. Funny, my extra cost locking wheel option, wheel locks were in the trunck, and not installed either.

Oh well, small price to pay to drive her that night !!

Old 02-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Lugn
1st Gear Member

Hmm, all the cars in the lot have a plate in front...
That s*cks! Who wants to add a big ugly plate to a front like that?!?!

Of course the wheel locks were installed on my car, since I have to remove one wheel after less than a week... [:@]

Love every minute behind the wheel in that car... and I know you do too. Who wouldn't??
Old 02-09-2005, 08:43 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

I live in Va where front plates are required but my dealer still hasnt given me the tag brackets for the front so I just put my plate in the front windshield. The fuzz usually wont bother you unless you give them reason too.

I see tons of Honda POSs buzzing around town without plates on the front too.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Higgie

Question:

I washed my 05 GT Prem. 5spd. today for the first time since I bought her last Thur. 2-3-2005. I went in Wed. 2-2-05 evening and worked out the price/trade with the 05 GT due in Thur. or Friday. They called me at 4pm on Thur. and said it had just been unloaded. I was able to finish the purchase and take it home 3 hours later. I was told it had been checked and prepped by the service department.

What I noticed washing her today. There are no holes in the rear bumper to fasten the license plate when I go to the DMV in 30 days. Did they miss this, and would you just drill the holes in yourself??[sm=helpout.gif]
I don't think anyone has answered his original question yet. I am concerned as well since mine is still on order.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:26 PM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

Mine had holes already drilled for the back when I bought it.
ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

ORIGINAL: Higgie

Question:

I don't think anyone has answered his original question yet. I am concerned as well since mine is still on order.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
GTeddie

The rear license plate area has 4 small indents where the licence screws go.... you should probably drill a small starter hole to get the screws in straight!

I just picked up my Silver GT tonite and watched the dealer put the plate on so he wouldn't mess it up.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Thank's and good luck with your car. I sure am enjoying mine. Have been getting lots of compliments when I drive her.