Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Fuel Pump TSB

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:31 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Question on Fuel Pump TSB

Mike,
Post on here if you do take it in & your results. I've had the same issue a few times,maybe about 6-8 times in the past year. I do cruise 24m each way to work with mine, usually have the cruise control on. Punch it off & coast up the off ramp.Have had it stumble when pulling out @ the stop sign, seems to depend on how you accelerate;easy or hard, no issue;if I pull out moderatly aggressive it will sometimes stumble. Has not been an often occurance,so I haven't dealt with it yet. I pretty sure if I take the CAI off, reflash & take it in, it will be one of those'Can't duplicate problem'. I just don't have the time usually to waste an afternoon @ the dealer. My local dealer is NOT mod-friendly. If it gets any more frequent, I'll for sure take it in, but I'm also weighing the option of upgrading the pump myself. Alot less hassle & time on my end.
When I went in & talked with the service manager about it,I got the 'never heard of that TSB before'. Showed him the printout I had & his response was 'where did you get this?'
Larry
Old 09-16-2007, 03:50 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aircare84

Mike,
Post on here if you do take it in & your results. I've had the same issue a few times,maybe about 6-8 times in the past year. I do cruise 24m each way to work with mine, usually have the cruise control on. Punch it off & coast up the off ramp.Have had it stumble when pulling out @ the stop sign, seems to depend on how you accelerate;easy or hard, no issue;if I pull out moderatly aggressive it will sometimes stumble. Has not been an often occurance,so I haven't dealt with it yet. I pretty sure if I take the CAI off, reflash & take it in, it will be one of those'Can't duplicate problem'. I just don't have the time usually to waste an afternoon @ the dealer. My local dealer is NOT mod-friendly. If it gets any more frequent, I'll for sure take it in, but I'm also weighing the option of upgrading the pump myself. Alot less hassle & time on my end.
When I went in & talked with the service manager about it,I got the 'never heard of that TSB before'. Showed him the printout I had & his response was 'where did you get this?'
Larry
I hear ya Larry. I just don't really have the time to dick with this. I am seriously considering just taking a PTO day from work on Friday, and running it out to Prometheus' dealer. They seem to be mod friendly, I have a connection, I don't think it would take more than an hour or two, and, any excuse to take a day off work to mess with the car is a good day.....[8D]

Mike
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

I see most of you guys have manuals.....do any of you know if this problem is prevalent in the automatics also? and im assuming you mean that when you press the gas, it takes a second for the car to go off, almost as if its tired, and is takin a deep breath before it starts to go again. Sorry for the analogy, thats just how ive always thought of it,and if so, ill be needing to take another trip to the dealer......
Old 09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
pachary
1st Gear Member

Took my 06 Roush with KenneBell supercharger in and they didn't give me any trouble. Yeah, Boost-A-Pump connected and all. The first pump they put in worked fine, but the fuel sender crapped out so they put another one in.

Paul
Old 09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zrz11386

I see most of you guys have manuals.....do any of you know if this problem is prevalent in the automatics also? and im assuming you mean that when you press the gas, it takes a second for the car to go off, almost as if its tired, and is takin a deep breath before it starts to go again. Sorry for the analogy, thats just how ive always thought of it,and if so, ill be needing to take another trip to the dealer......
The TSB does not list either manual or auto, so my assumption is that it would be no different for an auto. Your analogy is good, but remember, this is after a lengthy steady cruise, not the normal from a go throttle lag....

Mike