Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why stock 1/4 mile and 0-60mph times are so important

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:33 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: why stock 1/4 mile and 0-60mph times are so important

My wife pointed out to me that the only people who "notice" boys in Mustangs are other boys. For the most part I think she may be right. In my single days, I can't think of a single instance where my car (89 GT) played a significant role in whether or not I "got some."

Having said that, I think it's important what a car is capable of in stock form as this forms the baseline by which driver skill and mods are judged. I have a lot more respect for a driver that can crank out a low 13 or high 12 in stock form (tires excepted), than one who can barely get into the 13's. When someone can lay down impressive numbers in stock form, everyone wants to know how he does it.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

LoL, while fast quarter mile times don't hurt sales, they don't always help too much.

(See LS1.)
Old 10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadyNinja
I still want to see the O P 's time slip, (since he didnt even know the name of the track he "raced" at
the Chicagoland speedway is a paved oval not a dragstrip
listen, i'll post up my time slip as soon as i get a scanner. besides, i already posted it up a year ago when i ran that.

chicagoland speedway IS a paved oval but they DO do 1/4 mile runs there as well, apparently you're not as smart as you think you are.

they happen to have a straightaway (not part of the oval) as well where they allow people to run 1/4 miles for time. believe me, i've been there many times and actually got to drive a real nascar a few times around the oval as well (richard petty king's driving experience).
Old 10-26-2007, 02:10 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

I still want to see the O P 's time slip, (since he didnt even know the name of the track he "raced" at
the Chicagoland speedway is a paved oval not a dragstrip
here's a map of chicagoland speedway's 1/4 mile track that you claim doesn't exist:

http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/c...JkcjyRNn&N=

so obviously you are the idiot. and again, yes they have a paved oval, i've racedaround that ovala number of times in an 800hp nascar. that would be this:

http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/c...fzZt4uMo&N=
Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

Its RT.66raceway (you must not have Really went there), I live next door to it .[/align]no where does it say Chicagoland speedway on it, they are two different places.[/align]so post a slip or shut up[/align]

heres a old one

Old 10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Happens all the time....even women with there boyfriends and/or husbands want to talk to me at say a gas station while he just looks at me with a real annoyed look! LOL- I love it! J
ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Dude ... woman care more about how fast you can whip out your wallet and buy her something than how fast your car is ... what world you live in .... Japanese Drifter World?
LMAO.. I'm sorry but 'that there is funny - don't care who you are'...lol

As fast as my car is, its' speed has nothing to do with why a woman would bat her eyes at me. It's simply related to how much money she thinks I have to put into the car to make it that way...

Muscles and movie star looks will lose to a fat wallet everytime in the 'what attracts women department'.

Money & success - ain't nothing more beautiful to a woman...

+1

It pisses my wife off everytime we're in the car and sitting at a stop light and the girl/s next to us is checking my ride out. Then of course I get the can you just roll your F*ing window up NOW!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:18 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Its RT.66raceway (you must not have Really went there), I live next door to it .[/align]no where does it say Chicagoland speedway on it, they are two different places.[/align]so post a slip or shut up[/align]

heres a old one

Iguess to us that live in the city, Chicagoland Speedway includes Rt 66...it's even on "Chicagoland Speedway's" website. They are one and the same to me.

Regardless, I'll PM you my slip since we need to listen to mygt500 (mod) and take this off the forum.

I'll have my slip up for you hopefully by the end of this weekend and you can stop with all the disbelief.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

Its on the same website because they are owned by the same people
you must of never been to a nhra event there or even seen one on tv, they never call it Chicagoland speedway,
but thats WAYYY off topic, </rant>

stock 1/4 mile times are usless, and most people posting the thread have already said that.