Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Rear Springs and support mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 12:08 PM
ClayBonics
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush Rear Springs and support mods?

I have looked through posts about Roush rear springs, some people seem to say you need a adj panhard bar, control arms and maybe shocks?
Is this true?
People who actually have Roush Rear Shock please let us know.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Roush Rear Springs and support mods?

depends how much of a perfectionist you are.. you could get away with roush rear springs and nothing else... but i wouldnt lower my car without considering pinion angle and getting an adjustable panhard.. and from what ive heard the stock shocks wear out a lot faster with lowering springs.. so i would go ahead and get new shocks/struts too.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

I lowered mine with the Roush springs in the back - did not change the panhard bar, control arms, or anything. It lowered the rear 3/4 of an inch. While it did change the pinion angle no doubt, I have not noticed any adverse effects. The ride is more harsh, which is probably tougher on the shocks, but I have no complaints. If I were lowering it more, like 1.5 inches or so, I would have changed everything out since that is a big difference. Change all that over 3/4"? Nah. You're fine.

Is it worth it to you to spend $130 lowering the rear 3/4 of an inch, or $500 - $600 to do the same 3/4" (and replace the shock, bar, etc., etc.)? Your call.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I ran Roush rear springs on stock shocks for a while, and then I got the Roush rear shocks too. I didn't notice any difference in ride quality. I'm getting the Roush front springs and struts installed Friday. I decided to get the shocks just because I wanted to make sure I did it right. I don't want any problems down the road because I went cheap on suspension upgrades. I'll eventually get LCA's (and relocation brackets), rear sway bar, and I'll probably get my pinion angle checked when I get gears installed. I'm doing a little at a time.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:14 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

I lowered mine with the Roush springs in the back - did not change the panhard bar, control arms, or anything. It lowered the rear 3/4 of an inch. While it did change the pinion angle no doubt, I have not noticed any adverse effects. The ride is more harsh, which is probably tougher on the shocks, but I have no complaints. If I were lowering it more, like 1.5 inches or so, I would have changed everything out since that is a big difference. Change all that over 3/4"? Nah. You're fine.

Is it worth it to you to spend $130 lowering the rear 3/4 of an inch, or $500 - $600 to do the same 3/4" (and replace the shock, bar, etc., etc.)? Your call.
What he said!