Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Silverhorseracing

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Thanks Silverhorseracing

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: jlaurens06gt

+1
I installed their flush mount louvers and he was great.Also gave me solid advice on other things I was thinking of. He didn't have to take the extra time to talk withme about other things Mustang, but he did, and I appreciate that.[sm=exactly.gif]
Have you had any problems with the louvers? Like any signs of leaking? I do like their design best out of all the ones I have seen. I'm just a little chicken about taking the quarter window out. Was it complicated?
The performance of the louvers has been fine, 9 months now...although I just don't like taking it out in any wet, snow or salty conditions.

The only problem I had was with the paint coverage on one of the louvers. The wells are deep and the paint did not completely cover. I did not notice this until AFTER I installed them. (YIKES) I ended up taping both of them off from the inside and painting them flat black from the inside. Once they are in, they are IN baby.

I was pretty wary of doing the install but the directions seemed straightforward so I did it myself. I went slow, I did scratch the inside of the window well but I was thiking ahead on that andI hit the dealership to get a T8touch up pen in addition to the window removal kit, primer and sealant. I love 'em. They are distinctive and I really like the fact that they look like the 66 fastback. I don't like the idea of 3m taping lovers to a window.

I wish I would have used a bigger bead so that the louvers would not have settled in as much.