Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about adding a supercharger...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Questions about adding a supercharger...

ORIGINAL: exx1976

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

The RoushCarger is actually proven to provide the most real world speed,
Elaborate please.
I know, right? He's probably going to reference that stock Roush vs stock Saleen video that was floating about here a while back..

Let's face it.. If you buy a car without a SC, and ADD a SC, do you really think you're going to leave it stock?? Mine wasn't stock from the moment it was installed. LOL
Exactaly that's what I'm going to reference, except not. The Saleen in that video made much more hp but the roush beat it in a straight line because the power was delivered right. There's more to this though. the roush gets better, I've tested/raced a stock whipple vs a stock saleen on a straight, and also did a driver switch. The saleen preformed better than the whipple kit actually. Both Gt's were mechanically stock other than sc'ed with the same gearing, and were similar weight wise. I was actually into the whipple more and the guy i knew (didn't know how to drive), had the whipple. The Saleen guy insisted his kit was better and it seems to be that way. The Saleen actually runs less boost than the whipple I beleive.

So from this I can say Roush > Saleen > Whipple

I've ridden in a Roush stage 3 and the sound of the supercharger is nice so really considering this AND the way it preformed, it's the best one, and the Whipple and Saleen are in a similar class speed wise.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

That's funny!

ORIGINAL: Legion5

I've ridden in a Roush stage 3 and the sound of the supercharger is nice so really it's the best one, and the Whipple and Saleen are in a similar class.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:08 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

+10000000000000
Old 03-16-2008, 02:24 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

MORE IMPORTANTLY WELCOME HOME!!!!THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE IN IRAQ....IT IS SHAMEFUL THAT THIS FORUM HAS NOT ACKNOWLEDGED AND THANKED YOU FOR PROTECTING THEIR FREEDOM......IT SEEMS THESE GUYS WOULD RATHER OFFER YOU ADVICE ON A S/C ,THAN UNDERSTAND THERE WOULD BE NO MODS OR RACING IF THE TERRORISTS TOOK OVER!

GOD BLESS THE US AND YOU,

1MOREPART
Old 03-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

!
your post didn't make sense blueherd, funny..
Old 03-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rtracer408

Worry about stopping last.. get that thing to make 500 rwhp then spend the money on brakes cause there not cheap..
+1 don't get bogged down doing other mods, get an SC first.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

If your not going to be doing road racing, drifting, or alot of drag racing, upgraded brakes are unnecessary. People do them for the cool factor otherwise. Your cars weight has changed very little with a S/C mod. Just because you have higher hp available doesnt mean its going to take you longer to stop.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:53 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

ORIGINAL: exx1976

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

The RoushCarger is actually proven to provide the most real world speed,
Elaborate please.
I know, right? He's probably going to reference that stock Roush vs stock Saleen video that was floating about here a while back..

Let's face it.. If you buy a car without a SC, and ADD a SC, do you really think you're going to leave it stock?? Mine wasn't stock from the moment it was installed. LOL
Exactaly that's what I'm going to reference, except not. The Saleen in that video made much more hp but the roush beat it in a straight line because the power was delivered right. There's more to this though. the roush gets better, I've tested/raced a stock whipple vs a stock saleen on a straight, and also did a driver switch. The saleen preformed better than the whipple kit actually. Both Gt's were mechanically stock other than sc'ed with the same gearing, and were similar weight wise. I was actually into the whipple more and the guy i knew (didn't know how to drive), had the whipple. The Saleen guy insisted his kit was better and it seems to be that way. The Saleen actually runs less boost than the whipple I beleive.

So from this I can say Roush > Saleen > Whipple

I've ridden in a Roush stage 3 and the sound of the supercharger is nice so really considering this AND the way it preformed, it's the best one, and the Whipple and Saleen are in a similar class speed wise.
First to the OP....THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR PROTECTING OUR RIGHTS TO FREEDOM IN IRAQ, I AM TRULY HONORED BY YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY...AND VERY VERY THANKFUL.....[sm=patriot.gif]

NOW TO LEGION5...
What? [sm=wtf.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif]

so you are saying that since you have ridden in a roush stage 3 and the sound is nice and the way it preformed ( I assume this was a simply typo you meant performed) makes the roush the best one? BASED ON WHAT: CAN YOU ENLIGHTEN ME A LITTLE MORE. so you are comparing efficient Twin Screw technology to antiquated roots based s/c and stating that the roush is a better s/c... Now the OP is not asking if the ROUSH BUILT Car with all of its suspension upgrades is etc...he is asking Supercharger vs supercharger and yet you still claim that the roush is a better unit than his other choices inc. KB? I am truly sorry but you have to enlighten me a little bit more to understand where your logic is on this argument. the roush beat in a straight line because the power was delivered right? How so? was there suspension differences, if you say yes then that doesnt support your argument that the ROUSHCHARGER is a better s/c, just that the car had better suspension and tune which has nothing to do with s/c type. I have personally run up against 3 or 4 roushcharged vehicles with aftermarket roushchargers thrown on stock gts and torched them light to light......I have run against actual roush stage 3 and torched it...I am truly confused by your statment and would love for you to educate me as to why the roushcharger is the best charger of the ones the OP stated,,,because....your statements you made just are not cutting it..I am not trying to be disrespectful or rude..just some clarity would help..thx