Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me pick accessories for my car..

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

Default help me pick accessories for my car..

Ok, so I dont have a Mustang...yet. I am 110% sure that I want one and am in the "saving" part of the whole deal right now... I plan on modding it & I have a pretty hard time making my mind up on basically anything... I still dont know what color I want, or if I want a convertible or not.... But I have time to think about that...

Now, the reason Im posting this when I dont have the car to put the parts on is because Im bored out of my mind... I've got a list of part's I'd like to have & the prices and what not... But I figured it'd give you guys something to do to... If you're like me then you enjoy looking at mustang accessories online...

I dont know all that much about GT's soooooooooooo................

What would be the best CAI & Tune package to get for the money.. I dont know how much the ford racing one is but it says it adds 40 rwhp!

Exhaust...... Idont want to spend an arm and a leg on it... under $900 would be good.. I want it to sound deep, mean & LOUD... did I mention, LOUD!... I want a really deep mean sound to it.... I was thinking SLP LM axle backs, & an H pipe?

I also want a spoiler on it like the ones that come on the GT500's... But do you guys think its lame putting parts from a faster version of what Im driving on mine?.. Also, side window louvers.. the scopes... Side scoops also and a chrome "GT" emblem gas lid..

Rims, now... That's going to be tough to decide too... =/ we'll get to that later....

Last thing, Audio........ I've heard the shaker 500's and 1000's are supposed to be good but also heard that for a 1000 watt system, it's not that great..... & I like all types of music, country, rock, rap, classic rock.... but I like a lot of hip hop and I wan an audio systep that's going to thump!! What do you guys think.... Alpine, Pioneer, JL Audio? I want atleast 1 good S-woofer in the trunk.. maybe 2, 12 inch woofers..... new speakers, radio deck & Im sure I'll need an amp....

So, if you're as bored as me and dont mind going and looking at parts and sending me links to what you think is best or giving idea's on what would look good.... Please do so...

Thanks.

EDIT,

I also want it lowered.. so what springs are best... and what all would I need to do that... I dont want rims bigger than 18's... 20's are too big for me and = more weight.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
rtredline
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: help me pick accessories for my car..

Exhaust - O/R Prochamber...Really Deep...Real Loud when you get on it...
CAI/Tune - Really theyre all very similar...there is no best one... C&L/JLT/Steeda..etc Tunes by Brenspeed/Bama/VMP,etc...
Rims - Thats personal preference..
Audio - The Shaker system sucks ***...aka the Skipper...Youll definately want to find something better eventually...
Spring/Suspension - Havnt got to that myself so cant help ya there lol